• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Crusaders v Chiefs Round 1 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Date: February 27
Venue: AMI Stadium, Christchurch
Kick-off: 19:35 local (06:35 GMT)
Referee: Chris Pollock (New Zealand)
Assistant Referees: Jamie Nutbrown (New Zealand), Kane McBride (New Zealand)
TMO: Glenn Newman (New Zealand)

Crusaders: 15 David Havili, 14 Jone Macilai, 13 Sean Wainui, 12 Kieron Fonotia, 11 Nemani Nadolo, 10 Richie Mo’unga, 9 Andy Ellis, 8 Kieran Read, 7 Tim Boys, 6 Jordan Taufua, 5 Samuel Whitelock (c), 4 Scott Barrett, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Codie Taylor, 1 Joe Moody Replacements: 16 Ben Funnell, 17 Wyatt Crockett, 18 Mike Ala'alatoa, 19 Jimmy Tupou, 20 Reed Prinsep, 21 Leon Fukofuka, 22 Ben Volavola, 23 Johnny McNicholl

Chiefs: 15 Damian McKenzie, 14 Shaun Stevenson, 13 Seta Tamanivalu, 12 Charlie Ngatai, 11 James Lowe, 10 Aaron Cruden, 9 Tawera Kerr-Barlow, 8 Tom Sanders, 7 Sam Cane, 6 Taleni Seu, 5 Brodie Retallick, 4 Michael Alarvice, 3 Hiroshi Yamashita, 2 Rhys Marshall, 1 Pauliasi Manu Replacements: 16 Nathan Harris, 17 Mitchell Graham, 18 Siate Tokolahi, 19 Maama Vaipulu, 20 Johan Bardoul, 21 Brad Weber, 22 Anton Lienert-Brown, 23 Latu Vaeno

CruSadists slight favourites IMO but I seem to recall that in 2014 we dominated territory & possession but got beaten by a coupla pieces of Robbie Fruean's pace & power. "History never repeats/ I tell myself before I go to sleep" :)

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Aunty-in-law's 60th today & the cousins putting it on are mad-keen Chiefs fans so the good news is that the monster TV has been set up on their patio & that nothing much will happen until after the game. Bad news is that should we lose I shall be mocked mercilessly - on balance I'd probably rather lose a signature/ avatar bet with @Dismal...................

M

Moono75

Any team with Kieran Reid in it is a good chance. Such a different looking team without seeing McCaw and Carter in the lineup after so many years. Should be a good game and Nadolo will be up for a big one and run over a few players.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^ Ground actually looks fairly full, the coin buckets should do well. Nadolo, Macilai & Volovolo auctioning their jerseys post-match will help, too.......

G

galumay

Bit of a torrid affair so far. Expected a more one sided game to the Chiefs.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Very scrappy first 40 & I may be biased but Tribe try was more good luck (& piss-poor ball security) than anything, 13-3 would be a better indication. Also, Retallick excepted, Tribe tighties are very, very poor. But how good is Seu? Best on field for Tribe ATM.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Cantab try whilst from a great scrum, should have ot been awarded as Andy Ellis was so far in front of the ball that he was actually behind the Chief's scrum when the ball came out on the other side.

G

galumay

Chiefs have lifted, nice try. No one arguing with the legitimacy of that one are they?!

Status
Not open for further replies.