• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Colts 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Good observation HJ,
Checking my sources, the 3rd's played their game then most of them ran on in the 2nd's, and a few also had time on in the 1st's. I get the feeling "forfeit's'' a dirty word down Warringah way!!

Apparently that laudable sentiment doesn't carry into grade strokeside :) - that said the Colts 1's curtain raiser for derby weekend should be a cracker in fact given that 2's will kick off before midday there goes another Saturday !

strokeside

Larry Dwyer (12)
I'll take that, my interest is slowly coming through the grades, hopefully things will change. I think recently loosing some Jnr. Warringah rep players to other clubs may have stirred some recruitment action.

juniors spectator

Stan Wickham (3)
What's the story behind Penrith 1st colts forfeit or abandonment against Sydney Uni last week? I heard the coach locked the 2nds in the dressing room and spoke to the referee and the Uni coach? Will they front up this week?

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
Gordon has created an open (moderated) public group on Facebook for Players and parents interested in the 2014 Colts Program. Tony Dempsey will be posting Info/news/events etc in the group about the program as well as answering any questions.

Info re: UTS scholarships will also be made available.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/futuregordoncolts/

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
First Grade Colts Results Round 15
Manly 52 v Warringah 10
Sydney University 22 v Northern Suburbs 14
Southern Districts 53 v Gordon 14
West Harbour 57 v Eastern Suburbs 47
Parramatta 26 v Eastwood 32

No result from Wicks v Emus

Tryfest at Concord Oval.
Interesting to get a report on Uni vs Norths, was it as close as the score suggests?

Cattledog

Sydney Middleton (9)
First Grade Colts Results Round 15
Manly 52 v Warringah 10
Sydney University 22 v Northern Suburbs 14
Southern Districts 53 v Gordon 14
West Harbour 57 v Eastern Suburbs 47
Parramatta 26 v Eastwood 32

No result from Wicks v Emus

Tryfest at Concord Oval.
Interesting to get a report on Uni vs Norths, was it as close as the score suggests?

Randwick 52 def Penrith 24 (I think) ... Emu's gave it a massive shake for 60 mins with Randwick taking a couple of late tries to blow the score out.

ISA Follower

Frank Nicholson (4)
What are the rules for players qualifying to play in the finals for lower grade Colts if their first colts are not in the semis?
Seemed some unusual substitutions at Concord on Saturday, in numbers and timing.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
What are the rules for players qualifying to play in the finals for lower grade Colts if their first colts are not in the semis?
Seemed some unusual substitutions at Concord on Saturday, in numbers and timing.

From the operations manual
A player shall only be eligible to play in a semi-final, final or grand final if he has played in at least two minor premiership rounds for his club. In addition, a player shall not be eligible to play in a semi-final, final or grand final in any grade lower than the grade in which he has played the majority of his last seven minor premiership matches.
dispensation will be granted if the player has played two thirds of his season in the grade (or lower) in which he wishes to play.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Doesn't seem to be quite in the spirit of the rules then if Colts 1 players (who haven't played lower grades all season) suddenly are selected in lower grades (with 4 games to go), only to be substituted and reappear in first grade colts as substitutes on the same day.

Unfortunately I don't think the majority of clubs give a toss about "the spirit of the rules". They see finding loopholes as a challenge and there are any number of examples in both colts and grade of clubs exploiting any opportunity to gain an advantage. Much like on the field I guess!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
That is unfair the coach. The Clubs care a great deal that their opponents rigidly stick to the spirit of the rules, and gladly do so when the spirits are in their favour.

If the spirits are not in their favour than the other spirits dictate that the club must look for loopholes, and other outs, twist facts, interpret favourably and operate in parallel universes until such time as the spirits realign favourably with the said club, then all is right.

Never think that it is not about winning.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
That is unfair the coach. The Clubs care a great deal that their opponents rigidly stick to the spirit of the rules, and gladly do so when the spirits are in their favour.

If the spirits are not in their favour than the other spirits dictate that the club must look for loopholes, and other outs, twist facts, interpret favourably and operate in parallel universes until such time as the spirits realign favourably with the said club, then all is right.

Never think that it is not about winning.

Hugh, you sound even more cynical than me!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
the coach, I'd prefer to be thought of as a realist, rather than an idealist, or a cynic.

It’s sometimes easy to confuse cynicism with realism. Let’s chat about the differences.
To me, cynicism is pure negativity…always seeing all the reasons why something won’t work or why something is a stupid or bad idea. It’s also being distrustful of the intentions and motives of others almost all the time…always thinking that others are up to no good or only concerned about themselves.
Realism, on the other hand, is about the practical use of things, or ideas. It’s about common sense. It’s a way of objectively viewing a situation and determining the best course of action to achieve the desired outcome.
I believe that just about everything worth doing is worth doing because it’s important to the players involved and that it’s worth doing probably because the odds are against you, because it’s hard! If it was easy then anyone could do it, right? To me, the thrill of victory lies in overcoming the obstacles, adapting to the difficulties, and improvising with what’s presented.
Cynics rarely even get started…realists prepare and then celebrate success!

Source: http://www.seeyourpossibilities.com/being-a-cynic-vs-being-a-realist

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I'm hoping Colts and Grade may not all be Uni Uni Uni this year;
First Grade - top 4 all have a chance + Randwick
Seconds - Randwick, Uni Manly
Thirds - Uni, Eastwood.
Forths - Uni, Eastwood, Randwick, Manly
Colts 1's - Uni, Manly (Manly season is not over until full time!!!!)
Colts 2's - Uni, But there are darkies.
Colts 3's - Uni, But there are darkies.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
the coach, I'd prefer to be thought of as a realist, rather than an idealist, or a cynic.

Source: http://www.seeyourpossibilities.com/being-a-cynic-vs-being-a-realist

Based on this post in her blog, Kelley Moore proves you can build a successful business "supporting powerful leaders as they acquire the knowledge, skills and wisdom that enables them to be more productive, self-directed and passionate in their personal and professional lives," without having much idea of what you're talking about. A true American success story.

Her success in explaining the distinction between being a cynic and a realist is wonderfully exemplified by the first comment she received: " I find this an interesting situation…..I work in specialty cheese and of all things push. Naturally, most products I sell, are expensive, so I have to really push them. I am an optimistic person by nature so I’m up, I really think when it comes to sales, it’s your attitude. People know I love my product and they love it too. Because I love it!." Solid gold!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Trust you to read the small print Bruce Ross :)

I was kind of banking on the fact that 99 % of Gaggerlanders are not former University staff whose job description required them to check bibliographical references of cunning time poor undergraduate students out to impress the crusty old lecturer with the depth and breadth of their research.

I was a little dubious about the endorsements on the blog as well, but the source blog entry above it, obtained after a very exhaustive google based research task of about 0.0003 seconds, more or less suited my purposes, so I went with it.

Cattledog

Sydney Middleton (9)
As per the Updated NSW Rugby website please note that the Penrith Colts have negotiated with Manly to give up there home game this week vs Manly in preference for another bus trip for the true believers.

Embracing the club building philosophy that "culture is key" .... Penrith will travel to Kierle Park to play early games against Manly Colts at 11.30am & 1pm before both teams then adjourn for refreshments & to attend the first grade fixture at Manly Oval commencing at 3pm.

Lovers of fine music should be rest assured that the Penrith colts "amateur Choir & karoke club" which was in full voice during last weeks fixture vs Randwick will be in attendance to "bring the love" ..... so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.