• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Cheetahs vs Brumbies @ Osfontein - 2011R11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Holy shit!

Bonus point try for the Brumbies!

I think they might have the bench to grind out this one...

The Lilo/Giteau axis is doing wonders for the backline...

And I wouldn't believe I'd say this but Phibbs is making a difference...

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Holy shit!

Bonus point try for the Brumbies!

I think they might have the bench to grind out this one...

The Lilo/Giteau axis is doing wonders for the backline...

And I wouldn't believe I'd say this but Phibbs is making a difference...

Great fight back. Brumbies definitely have the upper hand despite being behind on the scoreboards still. Giteau and Phibbs are playing smart, and Fainga'a and Hooper are everywhere (they're going to be a class back-row combination in a few years)

Really think Giteau will be the difference in the second half.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
With the Cheetahs defence being equally as woeful the Brumbies could really do some damage in the second half with ball runners like Edmonds, Smith and Coleman to come on...

I really hope Tony Rea doesn't bring on Salvi unless the Brumbies' have ultimately won the game...

He's the kind of player to give away a cynical penalty in front of the posts at the siren with the scores tied...

S

Salad Fingers

I couldn't sleep so I decided to find a stream and have a gander at this game. Started watching from about the 50minute mark.. OMFG absolute fucking shit. Then Lilo gets carded for an absolute garbage call from the ref regarding a spear tackle - if anyone is to blame it should have been Chisholm. Shit game is Shit. Any other sides would put 50 points on these to tonight.

B

Brum

With the Cheetahs defence being equally as woeful the Brumbies could really do some damage in the second half with ball runners like Edmonds, Smith and Coleman to come on...

I really hope Tony Rea doesn't bring on Salvi unless the Brumbies' have ultimately won the game...

He's the kind of player to give away a cynical penalty in front of the posts at the siren with the scores tied...

You must be looking into a crystal ball there Slim!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
When Vaea is fit Salvi needs to be dumped...

He played well in round 1 but since then has given away an unacceptable amount of points to the opposition...

If I was Fagan I would seriously look at releasing him from his contract...

I'm also very disappointed in Hand this year... he's gone downhill...

For me Kimlin and Hooper were the only two real standouts for the Brumbies... but the Lilo/Giteau 10/12 combo has promise...

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Yellow card?

South African refs in South Africa...

They need to revert back to neutral refs just to get rid of this perceived "Must be a bad call as he is a home ref"

The Reds V Canes match tonight will probably end up with a fair bit of this home town bias BS.

Reactions: DPK

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I've seen worse calls. The replays on TV probably made it look a lot better than the touchy would have been going on. From the bit of the game i saw the Brumbies wouldn't have won had he been on or not.

Chauncey

Peter Burge (5)
Player Power..........my arse!!!!

Good one!!! Brumbies get rid of their coach. You would think the players are going to take their play to another level. Take ownership of this season. But no the princesses have only succeeded in dumping their coach and then deciding to take a 6 month holiday. Elsom must be the highest paid player in the world on a game basis.
Says it all really. 22 nil down in the first 12 minutes against the Cheetahs FFS.
Defence is about attitude.......hence the Brumbies defence is what it is.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Loved the Tin Ears fatties runs in this match. Coenies goose step was out of these world. Future Bok that laaitie.

todd4

Dave Cowper (27)
Loved the Tin Ears fatties runs in this match. Coenies goose step was out of these world. Future Bok that laaitie.

Cheetahs props seemed to be enjoying themselves, it looked to me like Coenie was attempting a Quade Cooper 'bunny-hop' and WP Nel did a swan dive when he scored a try ... fantastic stuff!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Good one!!! Brumbies get rid of their coach. You would think the players are going to take their play to another level. Take ownership of this season. But no the princesses have only succeeded in dumping their coach and then deciding to take a 6 month holiday. Elsom must be the highest paid player in the world on a game basis.
Says it all really. 22 nil down in the first 12 minutes against the Cheetahs FFS.
Defence is about attitude.......hence the Brumbies defence is what it is.

My thoughts exactly. You would have expected the Brumbies to lift a gear or two now that the players are effectively in charge. A big clean out next year when Jake arrives I suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.