• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think you're right: Tim Kava was the only Wallaby to emerge from CAS & the Waverley 1979 Premiership winning team.
However, Andrew Ugarte (Waverley) & Toby Jones (Cranbrook) made the Aussie Schoolboys team in that year.
CAS Aussie Schoolboys in 1978 were: Phillip Tuck & Robert Davis (Knox) & Michael Maxwell (Cranbrook)

And of course, the only Wallaby to emerge from the GPS in 1979 was playing in the 2nd XV for Newington. In fact, as far as I remember, the only other future Waratah in GPS that year was in the Scots 2nds (David Croft).

S

sidelineview

Snort. mate..all of what you say is true..but let the old blokes like me have the dream. People will live up to and perform to expectations and hope and maybe that lad will just go a bit further. He is exciting to watch. All the elements seem to be there for him to develop into something special with some self belief and support. Magic occurs in the gap between realism and expectation. And, BTW, I am not a Waverley Dad.

As long as the boys realise that they have to start from scratch with their post-school footy, they can enjoy all the hype and ''fame'' while it lasts with Schoolboy rugby. It's a unique and enjoyable experience for them, so they might as well lap it up before they get out into the ''real'' world.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
^^^^^ Agree. And my next comment isn't directed at this lad or any specific person. But in some cases, the hype and fame doesn't do them any good. They have enough to think about and focus on over the next few weeks/months - being to contribute 120% to the fortunes of the TEAM they play for.

Vintage Red

Herbert Moran (7)
^^^^^ Agree. And my next comment isn't directed at this lad or any specific person. But in some cases, the hype and fame doesn't do them any good. They have enough to think about and focus on over the next few weeks/months - being to contribute 120% to the fortunes of the TEAM they play for.

They have enough to think about and focus on over the next few weeks/months - their HSC (wink wink)!

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
yes any kid that compete at this level and still get a respectable ATAR is doing bloody well

I think last years star in that regard was Knox's 10 ...Woodcock. Not sure who from this year is a genuine all-rounder?

re Moretti ... I will jump on the bandwagon ... I like how in addition to playing well ...I'd say close to MoTM .... when the number 4 for GPS was injured, he was being a good bloke, and he was making sure he was alright

you never want to criticise kids ... however it was obvious the 10 .... Savala had a rare off day ... so just shows that even the best can have an off day, where kicks went out on the full, uncharacteristic knock-ons were made, and his near intercept didn't stick

so for every kid that has a blinder there can be those who would be disappointed that they had a frustrating day

and no doubt selectors know that you can't read too much into a single game

as they say dust yourself off, get up, and go again

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
;)
Off the top of my head, I know CAS beat GPS 1sts back-to-back in 1978 (with the standouts Quoyle (A) and Goehner (T)) and 1979 (24-13 with tries to Sproule (W), Quoyle (A) and Wall (B) with Powell (A) kicking the goals). (Can't quite recall how WLF went in the 3rds that day.) In some ways not a vintage year: I think the only Wallaby to emerge from the CAS teams that year was Tim Kava.

It must have happened again since then.

Funny Mr.Snort,

You are spot on the CAS won in 78 and 79.

Your knowledge of 1979 is extremely accurate, if you know me then I must know you.
Perhaps send me a private Convo, do tell.

By the way the 3rds lost 18-9 v CHS, a CHS side that ultimately provided 2 school boys, no.10 Graham Geddes and 15. Charlie Smith. We led at half time 9 nil. but the others members of the team, non-waverley, couldn't keep up!;)

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
And of course, the only Wallaby to emerge from the GPS in 1979 was playing in the 2nd XV for Newington. In fact, as far as I remember, the only other future Waratah in GPS that year was in the Scots 2nds (David Croft).

Yes and a rather good half back and Wallaby captain he was.

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think you're right: Tim Kava was the only Wallaby to emerge from CAS & the Waverley 1979 Premiership winning team.
However, Andrew Ugarte (Waverley) & Toby Jones (Cranbrook) made the Aussie Schoolboys team in that year.
CAS Aussie Schoolboys in 1978 were: Phillip Tuck & Robert Davis (Knox) & Michael Maxwell (Cranbrook)
Phil Tuck played Aust Schoolboys in 1977, your correct about Bob Davis in 78.

S

sidelineview

Phil Tuck played Aust Schoolboys in 1977, your correct about Bob Davis in 78.

Tuck played in the Australian Schools Team tour to Japan, France, England, Wales, Ireland
And Holland November 1977 – January 1978. He was in good company with the Ellas & co.
Davis played in the 78 tour to NZ.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
HT.. this even game.CCC are bigger but CAS have a skills advantage. A dubious penalty try to CCC has helped their cause

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Mara Fonua 8 is prominant along with Doughal Oreily for CCC.. Cameron , Chambers and Wilson playing well for CAS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.