• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Cameron Shepherd my bet for Drew Mitchell's vacant wing spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I don't mind this backline at all. For mine, Barnes plays his best football when he is running on at the 50-60 minutes mark. I would start Gits at 12 and have Barnes warming the bench for either the 10 or 12 spot. His subbing impact is immense.

If only Dingo ever subbed backs with 20-30 minutes left.

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
Diggers is a shoe-in for one wing spot I would have thought.

He was last year until he got injured with JOC (James O'Connor) as his cover, so you would think he is a shoe-in.

I have more concerns about cover for 13 after AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) & Diggers. I would like to see Deans use one of the back 3 bench options suggested by Farva (Shep, Cummins, Morohan and Turner) as 13 in the 3N warm up v Samoa.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
I think you might see Morahan raise his hand as a serious contender by the end of year. If not I don't think Deans will be too concerned with putting Shepherd in. Pace is a concern for me, but Deans wasn't worried about the with Hynes. Shepherd does have alot of similar attributes to Hynes as well.

T

TheTruth

I think you might see Morahan raise his hand as a serious contender by the end of year. If not I don't think Deans will be too concerned with putting Shepherd in. Pace is a concern for me, but Deans wasn't worried about the with Hynes. Shepherd does have alot of similar attributes to Hynes as well.

Darkie,

Agree with the Morahan comment - kid has done well in last few weeks and next few may catipult him into serious RWC contention - can cover both wing and fullback

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Shepperd should be in the squad as one of the back three options if fit. He is one of the best backs in the country and he has some height, can sniff out a try and has a long kicking game.

Big Paddy

Bob McCowan (2)
I haven't seen any mention of O'Connor playing at 12. Neither Gits, Barnes or Fainga'a made it their own last year. Maybe with the Mitchell injury that is more unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.