• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Force - S15 Round 11 - 27 April 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paradox

If To'omua can't play due to his concussion it will be interesting to see how the Lilo/McCabe 10/12 combo goes on its second attempt at a full game.

The Brumbies can expect a similar aggressive defensive effort from the Force that they received from the Kings. If To'omua is out and the attack lacks variety it could be tricky for them.

On the contrary, if that combination clicks and McCabe has a strong game, we might be getting back towards the territory of McCabe being a real chance to play 12 for the Wallabies again and the forum collectively going grey(er) and pulling their hair out.

The biggest culprit in the Kings game was Nick White. His passing was utterly terrible that night. When the Brumbies got quick ball, he literally threw it away so the Lilo/McCabe combo never really got going. He has lifted his act in the last 2 matches.

I thought McCabe was effective coming on against the Reds. Ran hard and direct.

Dean Hyde

Allen Oxlade (6)
Brumbies team:
1. Scott Sio
2. Stephen Moore
3. Ben Alexander
4. Peter Kimlin
5. Sam Carter
6. Ben Mowen
7. George Smith
8. Fotu Auelua
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Joseph Tomane
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg

Reserves:
16. Siliva Siliva
17. Ruaidhri Murphy
18. Leon Power
19. Colby Fainga'a
20. Ian Prior
21. Pat McCabe
22. Robbie Coleman.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Whatever injury Fardy picked up, it is taking a loonng time for him to get back. Has Oosthuizen also got a long term injury? You'd have to think that Palmer has picked up an injury from the Reds game too.

Dean Hyde

Allen Oxlade (6)
Palmer is being rested.

Not sure if Oosthuizen is injured or not but he hasn't been too impressive in the couple of games hes played. Leon Power is a solid option off the bench brings a lot of aggression and size.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Palmer is being rested.

Not sure if Oosthuizen is injured or not but he hasn't been too impressive in the couple of games hes played. Leon Power is a solid option off the bench brings a lot of aggression and size.
I thought Power was dropped basically because he lacked in aggression ..was I wrong.? Heard his been going well in the Berra though

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Force Team

1. Pek Cowan
2. Heath Tessmann
3. Salesi Ma’afu
4. Toby Lynn
5. Sam Wykes
6. Ben McCalman
7. Matt Hodgson (c)
8. Richard Brown
9. Alby Mathewson
10. Sam Norton-Knight
11. Ed Stubbs
12. Kyle Godwin
13. Junior Rasolea
14. Patrick Dellit
15. Jayden Hayward

Reserves
16. James Hilterbrand
17. Kieran Longbottom
18. Rory Walton
19. Chris Alcock
20. Mick Snowden
21. Sias Ebersohn
22. Winston Stanley

I think is is a solid team that should give the Brumbies a run for their money, but probably wont take the points. Cotrell out of the 22 may be a bit of a loss. What is more interesting is that Mafi "who was not considered for selection following a breach of team standards"

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
A breach of team standards covers a lot of stuff from rodgering the missus of a club official to being late for training, which is a serious matter.

The Force will miss Alfie because they lack firepower and X-factor in their backline at the best of times. It's good to see Godwin back after a spell but I fear that Mathewson will have to carry a big load when the Force try to breach the Brumbies wall. Not that he wouldn't fancy himself to succeed a lot.

Mind you, I noticed a strange thing when the Force played the Crusaders: SNK, who nearly always found a tackler when he ran the ball for the Waratahs, actually missed a few in that match.

Another minus for the Force is that their tight five doesn't have the physical presence to dominate in confrontations whichever side has the ball - so their excellent backrow has to do double duty of loose and tight work to compensate.

For example Sam Wykes has all the skills and can shift a bit - and will play his heart out - but he is not built for moving anything, and I would guess that he doesn't help his LHP too much in the scrums.

Lynn and Cowan are aways diligent and have good moments, and Tessman is playing well, but Ma'afu doesn't shift pianos unless they are close to him.

A preview of the match is included in my blog here:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/preview-aussie-matches-in-round-11/

M

Moono75

Loosing Mafi and having the Honey Badger out for such an extended period doesn't help the force. The Badger worries me the most beacuse this knee issue could dog him the rest of his career. We are missing the physicality of MMM who leads by example. Wykes is OK but doesn't dominate. If he cut his hair he would probaly drop below 100kg. For the Force to win we need Godwin and Junior to have big games and open things up. Dellitt isn't a creater on the wing and needs to be put into space rather than creating his own.

Hayward showed promise at 15 last week and had a more attacking mindset than Tupou, who should be trialled back at 13 if anywhere. I still think the boys can get up and win this if they play a great team game. Go the Force!

M

Moono75

thierry dusautoirt: 474461 said:
I don't understand why cottrell was dropped. He played so,well last week and every other week he has been included
Its Perth. We're a fifo town. 1 week on 1 week off.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I feel an upset coming

But im not sure if that upset will be a force win or that i will be upset at the end of the game :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Anyone like to do the official match write up for the front page?

Needs to be ready straight after match and be impartial! PM me if interested.

Would be a solid for G&GR. PM me if interested. Need to know ASAP

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I feel like I'm living in a third-world country! No FTATV coverage, no ABC local radio (QLD or NSW), and ABC grandstand Sport quoting: "Rugby Union, listen live: Port Adelaide v West Coast at Footy park from 7:30 pm"!!!
Oh well, I'll have to be satisfied with the stats on Fox Sports Match Centre, and comments from you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.