• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Cheetahs Prelim 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
An embarassment....

Pathetic.....

Staggering.....

The hyperbole....

Some of you guys might like to know that you can still get tickets to the Crusaders v Reds match...

I'll only speak for myself, but for me, in my experience, that is staggering. I did preface my comment though but with only two criticisms of the ticket sales you may not have been able to justify the use of the word hyperbole. ;-)

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Anyway, there's two Aussie teams in the finals and they are long odds to meet so maybe we should get back to the game?
Brumbies will have a lot to prove after last year. They will also be hurting from last week. The Cheetahs are a team that can play some cracking rugby on their day but I think the Ponies in Canberra will be a bridge too far for them. Brumbies by 7-10.

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
After last weeks debacle, I'm pretty pumped about going to this arvo's game. Can't believe I'm looking forward to sitting out in possibly sub-zero temperatures though.
No such thing as cold, only inappropriate clothing. I have five layers for this afternoon and thermals under my jeans, plus beanie, gloves and scarf.

Only a couple of thousand turned up for the Raiders game last night and on current ticket sales the Brumbies are estimating around 17,000. Maybe now the sun's out it might encourage a few waverers.

There's snow on the ranges behind Tuggeranong and the dump at Thredbo has been good. I can't complain.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Enduring the elements for a (hopefully) solid Brumbies win will make the effort more noble!! You need someone doing hot Glühwein out there. Or a hip flask of the good stuff!

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
My brother who lives in Canberra just rang. He says the whether is friggin' horrible.

He is off to the game this afternoon.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
My brother who lives in Canberra just rang. He says the whether is friggin' horrible.

He is off to the game this afternoon.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
No such thing as cold, only inappropriate clothing. I have five layers for this afternoon and thermals under my jeans, plus beanie, gloves and scarf.

Only a couple of thousand turned up for the Raiders game last night and on current ticket sales the Brumbies are estimating around 17,000. Maybe now the sun's out it might encourage a few waverers.

There's snow on the ranges behind Tuggeranong and the dump at Thredbo has been good. I can't complain.

True, I'll have a similar amount on. The Raiders turned out looked pitiful last night. Never has the term fair weather fans been so appropriate (at least not for quite awhile anyway ;)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Hell thought that was QC (Quade Cooper) kicking in Chch just then, all the booing of kicker:rolleyes:

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
14 minutes gone.

Ponies lead 3 - 0. (PK to Lilo)

Both sides playing unattractive knockout footy so far.

Weather doesn't look as bad as predicted (from the warmth of my lounge room).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
It looks like a fairly stiff breeze that Lili is kicking into.

31 minutes gone and Lili slots another 3 pointer from close in for the ponies to take the lead 6 - 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.