• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Reds rd1 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Don't think it will open up. Both teams attacking the breakdown too much as their focus.

I always have pity for refs when they are faced with this type of game. Lees not handling it particularly well, hopefully he can get both teams sorted out in the second.

That being said it is nice to see Australian teams smashing the breakdown. Hopefully more legally in the second.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Been the usual early season stuff in the first half, plenty of mistakes and the odd set to. Thought the Brumbies did well for their try.

One thing different to last year is I don't remember the music they play at every break in play being as irritating last year. Seems to accentuate the lack of atmosphere.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Things going the brumbies way in this game so far, I doubt the reds can turn it around actually if the wind is as big as they say.

Tackennut

Bob McCowan (2)
Whats the score I'm caught in family function and the wife giving me daggers as she knows I'm checking the rugby in my phone?

Thanks appreciate any relief I can get

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Been the usual early season stuff in the first half, plenty of mistakes and the odd set to. Thought the Brumbies did well for their try.

Yeah, I expect it will be like this for a few rounds. Refs want to set a standard and players will still be looking to gel with each other under pressure and under new game plans. (so we get more errors/stoppages)

Then suddenly in a few weeks one of those 51-50 games will happen and all hell will break loose for the rest of the season!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
8 to 6 to the Ponies.

Lealiifano just missed another penalty. Another questionable call from Lees who needs to pick it up for both teams.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lees not happy with the Reds this half as the Ponies get another penalty as Kilin falls the wrong way and places the ball on Slipper.

Simmons with a warning.

Brumbies hot on attack.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Kimlin far too slow and cumbersome for a 6. He's a 4 or 5 at best and the Brumbies are lacking someone to complement Pocock.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reds turn it over at the ruck. Unlucky not to get a penalty for White holding on.

Taps clears messily to the 30m.

S. Fnger off, Hanson on.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Strong Brumbies maul.

Small fumble from White went backwards. Ref calls forwards. Reds scrum on the 22.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Reds did well to keep the Brumbies out there, but on the other side the Brumbies lack of variety in their attack didn't really ask any questions.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Auelua came on at half time. For Kimlin or a lock?

Ref gives a penalty for going early in the scrum for the second time in a game. The first was the first scrum. Why go to a penalty now?

Ref losing control I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.