• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies v. Blues Rd 8 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Brumbies have looked in control all game. Blues have not been able to impose themselves on the Brumbies & disrupt their game plan the way that the Rebels did.

As a neutral this game hasn't hit any great heights (wet conditions may have had something to do with that), but I'm sure the ponies fans are very happy.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
The Brumbies have looked in control all game. Blues have not been able to impose themselves on the Brumbies & disrupt their game plan the way that the Rebels did.

As a neutral this game hasn't hit any great heights (wet conditions may have had something to do with that), but I'm sure the ponies fans are very happy.

Agree about the style of game.

I thought the Blues looked good just after half time but when McCabe scored his second it felt over.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Did Hickey have an off game? Looks a bit pedestrian and poor pass for a 10.

Great win Brumbies. Good luck fitting To'omua/Lilo/McCabe in the backline.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Good win Brumbies. Tough performance. The Blues are Tah-like in their underwhelmingness.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
auckland get stuck under the boring old Brumbieball thresher and Hall and Hickey, showing their inexperience, with enough small shonky game mismanagement flubs, are unable to extricate them.

although really, Mogg's territorial kicking was the winning of the game iHomo

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Did Hickey have an off game? Looks a bit pedestrian and poor pass for a 10.

Great win Brumbies. Good luck fitting To'omua/Lilo/McCabe in the backline.

Lilo still doesn't look 100%..........

I thought we were boned when To'omua went off.........

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Smith takes a mark and taps it off his knee and coleman gets the ball and is tackled into touch.

Are you allowed to "tap" using your knee? I would have thought no.

End result 26-9 three tries to zero.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
Wasn't a fan of the Marshall signing but what's he going to learn through these 10 minute cameos in a badly coached blues team. He's got no chance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
auckland get stuck under the boring old Brumbieball thresher and Hall and Hickey, showing their inexperience, with enough small shonky game mismanagement flubs, are unable to extricate them.

I thought the Blues did too many midfield bombs. Ball in hand they looked good, then they got too far behind and it all got sloppy.

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
Fards running team chat at the end of the game, wonder if he's a dark horse for captain next year?

Would love that. In the last two years, Fardy has been my fav Australian player. Just a straight shooter, plays with his heart on his sleeve.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Don't tell anyone across the ditch but Sir John couldn't coach a choko vine over a shithouse

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Don't tell anyone across the ditch but Sir John couldn't coach a choko vine over a shithouse
But.........but.........he's a knight of the realm??
Honestly, the Blues are so much less than they should be.
Not to detract from a really good Brumbies choke-hold death. They stifled them good and proper.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not sure why JK is getting the blame for the loss, although Blues did some dumb things, I personally thought the Brumbies should of got a lot of credit for playing bloody smart rugby in the conditions.
Waiopehu,if you calling for the door for JK, who are you nominating to take over from him?? Like the refs that people want dropped, to make statement you have to come up with a better alternative!!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Becuase this is exactly how the Blues got dominated last year. Turned up with the same game plan and lost convincingly again.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
The Brums must rue the decision (at 23-9) to kick for goal rather than for touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.