• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
He has been asked about it a few times, mostly since they Lions match, but he seems comfortable with his decision.

His contract at Grenoble is 1 year with an option for another. I think he's keen to go and experience Northern Hemisphere rugby and will only do him a world of good.

He's a Canberra boy and been in the Brumbies setup for a long time and you can't blame him for doing what he's doing. It looked like his Wallabies gig had passed him by but he worked hard and got back into the squad this year.

If he was to come back, it wouldn't be until May at the earliest once the French comp finishes up.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
The Force might also be interested in Kimlin. He almost came west a couple of years ago because his partner is from Perth and had an opportunity with the West Coast Fever.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
The Force might also be interested in Kimlin. He almost came west a couple of years ago because his partner is from Perth and had an opportunity with the West Coast Fever.

Would be a great pickup for any club, .. LOL when your back up is talked about as a starting wobbes you must be good (Futo)

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
How willing do you think Jake is (and the fans in general) to accept a mediocre player for a year knowing that next year he could be the best in position?
Eg. Jesse Mogg 2012 was a 2 at worst, 9 at best and anywhere inbetween. This year he's been between 5 and 8.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)

He recently said that in Australia he'll play only for the Brums.
Things may be different in 12 months' time, however.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
He recently said that in Australia he'll play only for the Brums.
Things may be different in 12 months' time, however.

It is easy thing to say I will only play for <insert team name>.

When playing for any team is all there is to pay the mortgage off, then it is surprising how often the lofty principled position is compromised when the <insert team name> no longer desires to pay for the services of the individual with the principles.

Necessity is the mother of invention. The busker soon learns what fills the guitar case with coin, and a coin filled guitar case is a desirable outcome.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I hear what you are saying Hugh but I would be surprised if Kimlin ended up at another franchise. The Brumbies probably have the capacity to match whatever other teams are offering, they are winning and he has connections there. We are hard up for quality locks or lock/6s so I am pretty confident that he would walk back into the starting side in 12 months.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Butler confirmed for next year....

Mann-Rea to also be promoted to a full time contract....

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...to-beef-up-flanker-stocks-20130727-2qrv2.html

What's precisely the deal with extended squad members? Can they remain in the extended squad for a second year, or is one year the limit? If there is a limit, any news on the other squad members from this year. I'd like to see Stephan van der Walt for one get a full contract for 2014, but probably not much call for an additional outside back in the full squad. We will need to replace Prior and Holmes presumably.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
What's precisely the deal with extended squad members? Can they remain in the extended squad for a second year, or is one year the limit? If there is a limit, any news on the other squad members from this year. I'd like to see Stephan van der Walt for one get a full contract for 2014, but probably not much call for an additional outside back in the full squad. We will need to replace Prior and Holmes presumably.
Not sure what the rules are but Manu has been on an EPS contract fot 2 years so i guess its fine.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Not sure what the rules are but Manu has been on an EPS contract fot 2 years so i guess its fine.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

And if he doesn't get a full contract for 2014 I'll be spitting chips. He has Wallaby potential in a few years and is a THP!

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Membership renewals for 2014 are now out. But there is still very little information about new signings for next year. So far Butler and Mann-Rea, but what about replacements for Prior, Holmes and Cox in the backline, and Palmer and Kimlin in the pack? And will there be an extra prop in next year's squad? The available pool of potential players must be diminishing now.

I did like the look of Rodney Iona in the club 7s. Is he a likely signing for next year? Is it likely that Jake will return from his holidays in SA with a batch on new signings?

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm expecting Ruan Smith to get a full time contract, JP Smith to get EPS, Swanepoel to get full time, van der Walt to keep his EPS, Smiler to get full time contract.

Where is Cox off to?

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I'm expecting Ruan Smith to get a full time contract, JP Smith to get EPS, Swanepoel to get full time, van der Walt to keep his EPS, Smiler to get full time contract.

Where is Cox off to?

I think I recall an announcement a little while ago that Jordan Smiler would be upgraded to full contract in 2014. I would also expect Ruan to be upgraded, and think he will offer stiff competition to start at TH. That will reinstate four props after Palmer leaves, but won't there be a need for an extra contracted prop next year and another one in the EPS?

Swanepoel to a contract makes sense. Who is likely to be the third halfback included in the EPS? Just wondering, would Pulu (Chiefs) be available?

Like to see Stephan replace Tom Cox in the full squad. Four wingers are probably sufficient. That still leaves a number of spots to replace Kimlin and Holmes in the full squad as well as some vacant EPS spots vice Smith, Smiler, Swanepoel and possibly van der Walt.

Would Staniforth be an option to replace Kimlin? Will Ita Veaa be back to replace George Smith? Could Iona replace Holmes? Quite a few questions yet to be answered.

Also wondering if McCabe will be back next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.