• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
It's not cooked up by FTA channels... it comes from OzTAM who are independent from the networks using a representative sample and extrapolating that out to the entire population. https://oztam.com.au/TheOzTAMPanel.aspx

No one is hiding the decline of FTA TV - but sport continually bucks this trend.
Probably best not to investigate who owns Oztam.

Reach is definitely something Oztam's owners are happy they have started using

JRugby2

Herbert Moran (7)
Probably best not to investigate who owns Oztam.

Reach is definitely something Oztam's owners are happy they have started using
The ABC is owned by the government but it doesn't mean it's state media.

OzTAM doesn't use reach for anything - they report on it, just like they report on a lot of things....

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Amazon announced today they will be putting advertisements on their streaming service starting July this year. You can pay an additional $3 per month to go totally ad-free.

They've really been pushing the price increases now - although I think they still come lower than most others. It was only last year that I paid $59 for the annual subscription. Went up to $79 this year and now with the ad-free (which I will pay for) it will take it to around $115 per year if you pay up front.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
me_listening_to1700_sea_shanties-pirate.gif

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Yet another week on Offsiders on ABC without a mention of Rugby, it amazes me how they just ignore the entire sport, even for a 30 second grab.
Offsiders is an unofficial AFL sports show, with some cricket, a little league and some netball.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Yet another week on Offsiders on ABC without a mention of Rugby, it amazes me how they just ignore the entire sport, even for a 30 second grab.
Sadly I don’t think it’s ignoring. It just doesn’t rate a mention anywhere.

Was at a full day of School Boy Rugby yesterday in Sydney and wondered if I’d hear any chat or see people with the Tahs game on their phones since it started during 2nd XV games and through the 1st XVs.

Absolutely nothing. Plenty of people with NRL and AFL though.

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
Sadly I don’t think it’s ignoring. It just doesn’t rate a mention anywhere.

Was at a full day of School Boy Rugby yesterday in Sydney and wondered if I’d hear any chat or see people with the Tahs game on their phones since it started during 2nd XV games and through the 1st XVs.

Absolutely nothing. Plenty of people with NRL and AFL though.
I wouldn’t be watching the Tahs either to be fair

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Offsiders is an unofficial AFL sports show, with some cricket, a little league and some netball.
This week was about jerseys, and no rugby jerseys were mentioned, maybe our indigenous round is not worthy?

I realise how far down rugby has fallen, but surely someone who is a rookie scoring 2 x hatricks in their first season could get 5 seconds of air time.

If they hate the game then surely they could dedicate 5 seconds to laying the boot into the Tahs for their shot at a wooden spoon?

I wish Catherine Murphy was on, at least she will mention european games

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Did they talk about soccer - I just saw something on Facebook and was surprised to hear they had their grand final today and Melbourne Victory were playing. I hope that’s not the experience non-rugby fans get with our sport.

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
Did they talk about soccer - I just saw something on Facebook and was surprised to hear they had their grand final today and Melbourne Victory were playing. I hope that’s not the experience non-rugby fans get with our sport.
The 10th most watched game last night with ~ 750k top line viewers.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
All these streaming options makes me wonder. Does anyone else find matches broadcast through streaming services a little harder to watch? I just think the picture seems a little jumpy to me.