• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

British & Irish Lions tour of New Zealand (2017)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It's this type of comment that almost has me supporting the lions.
If only there were less Englishmen in their side.

Well if you are dumb enough to support the other team because one not too bright supporter gets excited and makes a dumb comment after the game, the Lions can have you!!

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Well if you are dumb enough to support the other team because one not too bright supporter gets excited and makes a dumb comment after the game, the Lions can have you!!

Almost = nearly but not quite
You're stuck with me I'm afraid :)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Fantastic game. Was cheering for the ABs, but hoped the Lions did peg one back there at the end like they did, they were / are a better side than a 30 - 8 loss. They would have won by over 30 on us, I reckon.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Official IRB Test 1 Analytical Match Report
moses5.jpg
"BEHOLD, IT IS THE DAY OF THE PROPHECY, THE DAY OF DAYS FOR THE AUCKLAND BLUE WHO WOULD BE KING."
moses3.jpg
"Chinese Cross, Trident, AKA Prophecy, CAN YOU EVEN READ MAN?"
Rieko Ioane fulfils The Prophecy and descends upon The Garden of Eden from upon celestial pastures intergalactico:
meteor.gif
black11.jpg

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
What stood out for me was that a well placed inside ball is a very good weapon to use against a rush defense. Didn't always break the line but almost always got over the gain line.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well after a nights sleep, actually didn't sleep all that well I a big enough tragic to go through that test in my mind again and again, thoughts this morning.
1. That was a test for the ages! Rates right up there with the classic against the Boks a few years back, I think I enjoyed it as much as WC final.
2. Everyone keeps saying tests are won by players 1-23, I would have to say plus the coaches, that was a display of a brilliant game plan to counter the Lions rush defence by Shag and his team.
3. I cannot recall seeing a better locking pair than Retallic and Whitelock right up there (if not surpassed) Matfield/Botha.
4.Sam Cane was immense MOTM in the first half at least.
5 SBW if he sticks around without getting sidetracked could leave a bit of a legacy at 12, he was very good last night.
6. Crotty was very good until injured we will miss him next week, also if Ben Smith still out I would be very happy to see BB start at 15, also Cruden was very good at 10, also Dagg was excellent on wing.
7. I also think anyone who watched the game should of noticed how good the skills shown when Codie Taylor catching that low pass to score first try (especially after seeing Horne shelling passes in test before) and BB scooping up that ball that had been charged !!

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
That pickup by Barrett was classic skills - but SBW did just as good also a bit later. ABs' handling skills is just one area where they lead the world by a country mile.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Plenty happening in Team AB Rehab: DMac called in to "cover" (surely that's "replace") BSmith; Crotty out for 2-4 weeks so Jack Goodhue stays with the squad (I knew you'd be pleased, Dan54 :)); Matt Todd tweaked his calf during the week so AIoane's travelling down to Wellywood for T2: Judgement Day just in case.

Also, JBarrett, JSav, Fifita & Laumape have been released & are therefore available for the 'canes Tuesday night.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...l-blacks-squad-as-cover-for-injured-ben-smith