• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

British & Irish Lions tour of New Zealand (2017)

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Maori All Blacks vs British & Irish Lions
@ International Stadium, Rotorua
Referee: Jaco Peyper (South Africa)
Assistant Referees: Jérôme Garcès (France), Romain Poite (France)
TMO: Ian Smith (Australia)

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
A New Zealand loosehead folding in?

That doesn't happen in every single game. :rollseyes:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

zer0

John Thornett (49)
The delicious irony being that it was the Frenchman from the weekend who made the call against the Lions scrum.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Henderson, Webb, Walden, Naholo have all been fantastic.

Biggar takes a bloody dive.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Not sure if the Test refs are set in stone, but Gardner's playing himself out of the test spots.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Not sure if the Test refs are set in stone, but Gardner's playing himself out of the test spots.

They're already sorted. Gardner's last involvement was this match. He's usually quite good (one of best in Super Rugby) but he gave the rub to the Highlanders tonight.

Bloody hell though. You beauty! :)

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Peyper, Poite and Garces will be reffing the tests.

Good effort from the Highlanders. Doubly so without their starting pack.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I like Angus. But have to agree with the assessment that he influenced the game in a way we hope our refs don't.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
That was fucking magic. Crafty Lion tries to sneak a few metres on the potential winning kick, ref Gardner pulls him up, HELLO, kick sails a foot under the bar.

Gardner great at monitoring offside lines compared to that stupid french baguette-arsed child officiating the Cantabs match but man Gardner could’ve pinged both teams every second phase there.

CANTABS DRAGGING THE CHAIN HERE. NOT COMPETITIVE ENOUGH TO TIP OVER THE TOP TOURING INTERNATIONAL SIDES. DEAR CANTABS, YOU JUST NEED THAT LITTLE EXTRA BIT OF CREATIVITY AND POISE UNDER PRESSURE TO TOPPLE THE MUCH-FETED CREAM OF THE CROP OF INTERNATIONAL TEST MATCH RUGBY FOOTBALL BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR FUTURE ENDEAVORS CANTABS.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Gardner had a shocker, but not nearly as bad as Gatland.

Ffs man, you are going to be cannon fodder for the AB's unless you start playing some footy.

If these preliminary games are to get your combinations/patterns ready for the big boys,then you are doing a shit job.
But if the main priority is to win , then your fucking hopeless.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Gardner had a shocker, but not nearly as bad as Gatland.

Ffs man, you are going to be cannon fodder for the AB's unless you start playing some footy.

If these preliminary games are to get your combinations/patterns ready for the big boys,then you are doing a shit job.
But if the main priority is to win , then your fucking hopeless.
You could see the lions being dragged into playing more expansively than they planned at times but you could also see that ending in tears.
The Hail Mary last play kind of sums it up: no nz team would have tried that; patience was required, all they needed was a penalty.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
The last play summed up how much trouble they are in.
That was 100% panic.
Zero compusure.

I thought when the Landers would be forced to use their bench, their lack of experience would hurt them.
I think their energy put the wind up the pretenders in red.
It's going to be a long tour...

Upthenuts

Dave Cowper (27)
think the maori are going to have the game to really take it to the lions who ever they pick, cant see them intimidating or out muscling the maori boys, the lions have been kept in check in all 4 games so far, and the pace should be even a step up om this game, which was already too much for the midweek lions backs