• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Blues vs Brumbies SF, June 11 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I will say at least zero / dismal can take a joke, if I did this on the NSW or Red's games threads I'd drown in a sea of tears
Remember that time you jumped in a Reds thread, said you were there to troll, got more and more nonsensical as the thread went on, then got upset as you got rightfully trolled in return? We do.

Go Brumbies.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Remember that time you jumped in a Reds thread, said you were there to troll, got more and more nonsensical as the thread went on, then got upset as you got rightfully trolled in return? We do.

Go Brumbies.
1654832426028.png

No, Who are you?

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
T-minus 8 hours for ignition sequence start on Operation Paint-By-Numbers Foreign Deathstar Facemurder.

Valves, stable.

Boosters, stable.

Weather's looking real nice up here Houston, all systems are a go.

giphy.gif

Houston:
"Checking command modules".
Coach Leon: "Guidance is internal"
Akira: "Expecting an early squall of synergy followed by an extended front of boomfa continuing long into the night"
St Johns Ambulance: "Standing by to deliver the manbunned barista to the maternity ward"
Houston: "I hear it might be octuplets?"
St Johns Ambulance: "Looking likely"
Houston: "8 different fathers?
St Johns Ambulance: "Maybe more. Bracing ourselves for a total freak show"

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
No, Gel is a passed off, spoilt, little-minded ex Reds supporter. Really sad, because his posts used to be well worth a read.

I think ‘some’ reds fans on the reds thread can be a bit defensive to have suggestions the brumbies may be the best oz rugby side. Envy can be an interesting thing in how played out on some threads.

I actually don’t get some of the angst against the brumbies by some other teams fans. as in representing what is a small region they have continually punched above their weight and if anything provide a blueprint for success other oz rugby franchises should try to replicate.

Last edited:

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Prediction:

Brumbies coaching staff to raise the issue with match officials of the Blues interference around the ruck.

Blues coaching staff to raise the issue with match officials of the Brumbies disproportionate cynical infringements in their 22.

Blues to adapt after the first 2 penalties against them and continue to play the game.

Brumbies sole game plan to collapse after the second player gets sent off after the 50 minute mark, and the captain threatened with a yellow card if the penalties continue.

Close game for a while, but the Blues to win because they manage to keep more of their players on the park.

All you brumby fans know I'm right.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Prediction:

Brumbies coaching staff to raise the issue with match officials of the Blues interference around the ruck.

Blues coaching staff to raise the issue with match officials of the Brumbies disproportionate cynical infringements in their 22.

Blues to adapt after the first 2 penalties against them and continue to play the game.

Brumbies sole game plan to collapse after the second player gets sent off after the 50 minute mark, and the captain threatened with a yellow card if the penalties continue.

Close game for a while, but the Blues to win because they manage to keep more of their players on the park.

All you brumby fans know I'm right.

Coming from a fan of the most penalised team with the most yellows I take that as a compliment.

something something Brumbies maul .. something something cynical penalties..something something...

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Coming from a fan of the most penalised team with the most yellows I take that as a compliment.

something something Brumbies maul .. something something cynical penalties..something something...
A big difference between a penalty and a cynical penalty.

It's really not wasted effort in trying to fathom what is happening on the field.

Pro tip: where the penalties take place. Further tip: include penalty advantages in that same zone. Bonus tip: how long before a penalty advantage is awarded against the defending team whilst in that zone. All compared to other teams.

1654923327341.png

Scott Allen's post all those years ago on how he reviewed game footage to eliminate motherhood statements like "team is ill- disciplined" or "opposition plays more up tempo" was eye-opening. Really got me to understand the game so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.