• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Bledisloe 1 - Saturday 18 August 2018 - ANZ Stadium, Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^^ some sobering stats from Paul Cully:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/o...eliver-bledisloe-cup-victory-to-the-wallabies

TLDR: since RWC 2007 AB have conceded 20-24 points 18 times & won 15 of them; 25-29 points 14 times & won 8; and 30+ points 8 times & only won 2.

If that's still TLDR, you've gotta score 30+ points to have a better than 50/50 probability of winning.

The only Wobs stats Cully cites are for conceding 25-29 points where they've won 5 of 18.

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)
Wallabies will be forced to make a late change tonight due to injury late in the week. Another player will make his Test debut tonight via the bench

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Huge loss for the Wallabies. Our reserve scrum will be under big pressure now.

Sounds like Ala'alatoa will stay as reserve loose head and Ainsley reserve tight head.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
^^^^^^^^^^ some sobering stats from Paul Cully:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/o...eliver-bledisloe-cup-victory-to-the-wallabies

TLDR: since RWC 2007 AB have conceded 20-24 points 18 times & won 15 of them; 25-29 points 14 times & won 8; and 30+ points 8 times & only won 2.

If that's still TLDR, you've gotta score 30+ points to have a better than 50/50 probability of winning.

The only Wobs stats Cully cites are for conceding 25-29 points where they've won 5 of 18.
That's not the format that we used to beat you the last two times we actually won. All i read from those stats are that if you play an open game and score a lot of points the AB's probably score even more.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
That is super deflating. Fuck sake. Ainsley is not test standard.

Haven't even played one test yet and we are already down 4 squad players. With one returning from a reasonably long injury. Might be another long year.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Huge loss for the Wallabies. Our reserve scrum will be under big pressure now.

Sounds like Ala'alatoa will stay as reserve loose head and Ainsley reserve tight head.

I wish Slipper was available.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
That's not the format that we used to beat you the last two times we actually won. All i read from those stats are that if you play an open game and score a lot of points the AB's probably score even more.

2017: Australia won 23-18 in Brisbane
2015: Australia won 27-19 in Sydney

23's near enough 24 to be valid :)

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
EDIT: And these front row injuries are becoming a real nuisance. As far as I know both Perry and Sheriff Karl are dedicated looseheads, and tighhead scrummaging is more challenging than loosehead scrummaging. So there could be a real danger of late game scrums being uncontested on safety grounds.
You still up for uncontested scrums?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Having Slipper on the bench so AAA could cover TH would be handy............

But it’s just shit luck to lose two of your best props in the week of the test.

What’s left of the Wallaby forward pack is really lacking go forward now.

Status
Not open for further replies.