• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #1 - AUS v NZL, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, August 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The most impressive thing was the manner of the win. We deserved to win against the Boks, but we weren't the better team on the night. Tonight we were the better team as well.

It's important to get one over the AB's before a RWC. Just to keep that shadow of doubt in there.

So is that us into 3rd on the world rankings?

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Wayne Barnes you are a useless piece of crap

I agree. And it COMPLETELY favoured the wallabies. This will be the last i mention of it but the way barnes reffed the breakdown definitely favoured the wallabies. He let heaps of stuff go but picked out nz penalties that had absolutely no impact on the rucks. Smith/kaino/laulaula all awful decisions. Credit to him, he doesn't stand for the cheap shots skelton puts on players on the ground.

NOW. Well played wallabies. Deserved to win. To'omua needs to start. Pooper needs to be permanent.

AB's were woeful. Same tired old attacking plays. Carter, created nothing, missed kicks. I would honestly pick Barrett/Sopoaga before Carter. Savea was out of form/fitness. SBW completely inneffective. Romano, not so flash at all. Missed crucial tackle with coles. Sigh, stuff to work on. I'm still expecting Auckland to be completely different.

Enjoy gaggers.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
OK. So just want to put out a big rap for Nic White there in the 78th minute

He THOUGHT about kicking it but, he didn't.

Legend!

He thought about it, then bam flashback where last year played out in his mind but in real life only .5 seconds had passed and then he pulled it in.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Talking points........

- Scrum good
- Lineout bad (maybe Fardy needs to take control with Simmons out?)
- Starting halves very bad
- To'omua needs to start
- Good effort from the bench again

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but I hope the Wallabies took a bit of offence at the ABs choosing not to do their usual big game 'Kapo o Pango' before a match to decide a trophy

I noticed and I also noted the Wallabies didn't have tracksuits on to dampen the effect after the haka.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
I agree. And it COMPLETELY favoured the wallabies. This will be the last i mention of it but the way barnes reffed the breakdown definitely favoured the wallabies. He let heaps of stuff go but picked out nz penalties that had absolutely no impact on the rucks. Smith/kaino/laulaula all awful decisions. Credit to him, he doesn't stand for the cheap shots skelton puts on players on the ground.

NOW. Well played wallabies. Deserved to win. To'omua needs to start. Pooper needs to be permanent.

AB's were woeful. Same tired old attacking plays. Carter, created nothing, missed kicks. I would honestly pick Barrett/Sopoaga before Carter. Savea was out of form/fitness. SBW completely inneffective. Romano, not so flash at all. Missed crucial tackle with coles. Sigh, stuff to work on. I'm still expecting Auckland to be completely different.

Enjoy gaggers.

CHEERS ACR ;)

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well done Wallabies. To'omua was excellent. Played far more positive when running the cutter than Foley. He takes the line on and plays flatter. In fact there was some really good impact off the bench.

ABs were shocking. Too many forwards in the backline, dropped ball all over the show and attacked the breakdown with all the power of a gnat. Feel for NMS, played well and scored a double on debut, but will probably only remember the loss.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
First time I have ever seen a ref use the yellow card for inside the 10 while the ball carrier was in their own half.

Yeah barnes is card happy. I just thought he cherry picked the breakdowns. Make no mistake, i thought barnes was poor but Australia definitely earned their win.

Shit, forgot to mention nehe in my whinge post. Very good debut, shame about the result.

Also, SBW was a better player before he left union. Has done nothing to earn a rwc spot.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well no arguments with that result, Wallabies were too good. I am not going to yell about a lot of changes, though I not sure I would bother too much if SBW got dropped. Have to say I was impressed with Pocock at 8, mainly on the work he did in the scrums, which can be the problem when moving a 7 to that position. Think perhaps next week the ABs need to attack closer to breakdown, taking the ball a couple of passes off may not be working. All in all I not keen on losing, but not cutting wrists or anything, the Wallabies played well, deserved the win, and suspect the ABs will be working on ball retention etc this week.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Just minutes after the game:
-Foley and Phipps were abomination.
-Surprised that Horwill was pulled out before Mumm, waiting for ForceFans stats as I think Horwill had his head in alot.
-the backrow should be settled Pooper is the third coming of the christ, it fought against the evil darkness and came on top and they will salvage all mankind and rise the Bill come october.
-If To'omua starts, who is going to come from the bench and do the same he does? I say it should be Lilo but he seems out of favour.
-Halfback a real head scratcher, can White produce if he starts? And can Phipps play better of the bench?
-Skelton has to come off the bench

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Tempted to give Phipps 3 points for MOM.

Justification: - If he wasn't so bad, nor in the sin bin, Giteau wouldn't have gone into emergency halfback, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) wouldn't have scored, Nic White may not have replaced him at the end of the sin bin. ... ... ... No 48 metre goal kick, no Nic White try, ... ... ... no victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.