• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Betting tips: AKA I'm crazy and think this team is undervalued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Super Rugby Betting Tips...
  • Never bet on a team without its key playmaker
  • Never bet on a team without their Captain playing
  • Never bet on a game with a Rookie Ref
  • Avoid betting against starting points greater than a converted try 7points
  • Always check the weather before placing the bet
  • Always check the latest team list before placing a bet
  • Always bet on game day for current team information
  • Avoid betting on a loosing form team even at home
  • Avoid betting on a team on its 3rd straight away game
  • Select the dominate home team between 1-12 margin if teams are evenly matched
  • In wet weather choose the home team when possible

Would you then bet on Force beating the Hurricanes this weekend?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Force are just the underdogs at $1.95. That's pretty good if you ask me.

The other bet that looks appealing is the Highlanders at $1.80. As much as I want the Tahs to win, I'd have thought the Highlanders would be shorter priced favourites than that.

meatsack

Ward Prentice (10)
Force are even with the Canes on sportingbet at the moment. ($1.90)

First scan of the odds, I can't see anything that jumps out to me, at least until I see CRUvCHI team lists. I'm starting to think for the first time this season I might pick a favourite who I think is undervalued. The Bulls at $1.47 for just a win against a weirdly struggling Blues is interesting.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Tarts look good value at $3 for 1-12. Roll that into England in the 6 Nations at $3.10, Reds 8+, Ireland and Wales and that'll do nicely for the weekend.

meatsack

Ward Prentice (10)
I know its dumb to post now, but I forgot to post here before the round... the Brumbies were my 'undervalued' tip of the week. (I did post it on whirlpool though).

Anyway I think they punched well above their $5.50, so I'm not ashamed at all.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
After tonight I can tell you the Tahs at $1.14 (which my Ma blew her multi on & thus wants swift pain on the Tahs next round, lol) was a massive case of overvalued (though looking at the Force in the prior week you really couldnt have picked the Tahs losing - though some on here did!).

What do people think of the Sharks/Reds tonight (I mean this morning)? Ma is going for Sharks at $1.60 for the straight win. I've left this one alone - cant pick it. Reds at $2.25, considering their good form last year in SA may tempt some.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Centrebet have had a thing going this year where if you bet on a player to be last try scorer and he scored a try that isn't the last one, they refund your bet.

So Dom Shipperley from the Reds has been magic at that so far. 3 times last try scorer (Tahs, Rebels & Force) and I think would've refunded one other week too. He has been paying between $15-$11 too but will probably tighten up a bit now.

Status
Not open for further replies.