• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Berrick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Barnes problem is damage to the ligaments in his left knee. Should be right by then. They'll know when they get scans on his 'suspected posterior cruciate ligament damage' in London.

Tahu's rooted his hammy again. So much for modifications to his running technique. Is it too late to get a refund ?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Considering he jogged off the knee injury couldn't be too bad.

But who on earth damages a PCL? Jeees.

T

TOCC

should find out today, if it is a grade2 tear he will be out for 10 weeks and will be back for the start of the S14, if it is any worse then that he will miss a fair chunk of the S14 season

Aussie D

Bob Davidson (42)
Noddy said:
fuckity!

Better start training McLindon up for the 12 jersey.

McLinden? Why not put Finger in there to push along his rugby development if you are going to promote a rookie.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
it means my (at least) two leading Reds captaincy candidates are out of the picture, at least for a little while.

No Horwill and maybe no Barnes.

Means its down to Morgan T and Holmes I guess.

H

hi-jinks

Gees you queenslanders are one eyed.
Kid in NSW called Kurtley, you may not have heard of him up there in the land time forgot, he may step in too.

F

formeropenside

hi-jinks said:
Kid in NSW called Kurtley, you may not have heard of him up there in the land time forgot, he may step in too.

What, play 10 for, and/or captain the Reds? Not likely, as he's off to League in a year or so.

T

TOCC

hi-jinks said:

ahh were talking about the Reds

H

Henners

Noddy said:
Fainga'a? Yeah no problems with that. As long as he's good enough.

Provided the change of scenery changes the guys luck with injuries I think we have a very solid signing.

But I guess shaking the 'injury prone' tag is a big if, that guy has had some freak injuries.

H

hi-jinks

My bad.
Thought it was an aussie thread.
As you were, move along, nothing to see here.

Stop shaking your head at me Lee. I know you love me.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Don't be so sure.

Actually, it's a mistake I am prone to make, but I am in my dotage.

And your excuse is?

H

hi-jinks

Excessive concussion (hence the headgear).
It is now haunting me more than I wish (that is actually something serious from me).
Anyway, back to the light hearted stuff.

Lee, your boy Beale has a testing year in 09, he is really under presure to dominate. One thing I know about NSW RU and especially 5/8's - the time to own the position is brief.

T

TOCC

well im guessing his injury isnt too bad if his going to hang around in London for a while, there hasnt being any major press release saying his out for the season which is a good thing.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Just what was on rugby.com.au.

Barnes was still awaiting the results of an MRI scan but hopeful his injury wouldn't require surgery.

"The doc reckons it's the PCL (posterior cruciate ligament), which usually means four to six weeks off," he said.

"If that's all it is, then that's positive, I suppose."

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
hi-jinks said:
Lee, your boy Beale has a testing year in 09, he is really under presure to dominate. One thing I know about NSW RU and especially 5/8's - the time to own the position is brief.

Yes he will have a testing year but it is not a newsflash - it's the same for any player in a key position even if he is still a teenager and even if NSW has never had a flyhalf who has dominated for a whole season in the professional era.

I think that he has progressed well except for his defence, which is the area I will be looking at. His ability to run a backline will come naturally but I hope that NSW can come up with a decent goal kicker so that he can concentrate on his game.

Having said that I hope that Halangahu gets a good chance also. He has really matured as a player, albeit not at the S14 level, and we will lose him after 2009, (overseas I fear) if he doesn't get a decent shake. Paul Warwick and Brock James are playing good rugby in Ireland and France respectively and he is a lot better player in club rugby than they ever were.

But this is the Barnes thread. Let's all hope that young Berrick can get fit soon and not end up in the "Good player but didn't have the body to play professional rugby" file.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Sully said:
Has anyone heard what the results of the scan were?

14/11/08

Wallabies and Queensland Reds inside back Berrick Barnes has received a positive boost with the news that he won't need surgery on the knee he injured in last week's Test match against Italy.

Barnes suffered posterior cruciate ligament damage to his knee and flew home on Thursday for an MRI scan to determine the full extent of the injury.

Queensland coach Phil Mooney said Barnes will have his knee in a brace for a few weeks but is relieved the injury does not require an operation.

"Berrick's obviously disappointed at having his tour cut short but he's very positive about his ability to recover quickly and is focusing on being back in time for the first competition match," Mooney said.

It was feared that Barnes' injury would force him to miss the entire Super 14 season, but he is expected to resume training by the end of the year and be fully fit for the start of the new season."

Great news that

Status
Not open for further replies.