• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Battle of the Wooden Spoon: Moana Pasifika v Waratahs

The Marketing Pigeon

Herbert Moran (7)
i want to see Gordon, Perese, Holloway, Gleeson, edmed and although he’s not playing Jorgenson (send him to U20’s) nowhere near a wallabies squad

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Holloway has been pretty good all season, I don't think any of the others you mentioned were ever in contention

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What’s hard to understand is that there are some very good players doing very bad things. Terrible passes, poor options, mistakes.

You can excuse the front row who I feel bad for, but there’s something bigger wrong when good players are playing so poorly.

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Howmuch better do the Tahs look, week after week, when Grant replaces Gordon? I know Gordon does some good things, but Grant's ability to get to the breakdown quickly and pass acurately off the deck gives the blokes outside him so much more time.
Overall that was a pathetic display from a team who looked like they've just given up on season 2024. Hanigan, Gamble Walton and Peitsch looked like the only ones who really cared.
I'm a rusted on Tahs supporter, but gee it's hard sometimes. I don't blame the front row, they are clearlyplaying out of their pay level, but the rest of the team should really feel ashamed of their efforts.

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
What’s hard to understand is that there are some very good players doing very bad things. Terrible passes, poor options, mistakes.

You can excuse the front row who I feel bad for, but there’s something bigger wrong when good players are playing so poorly.
They look like a team who doesn't trust the process and lack cohesion so they're pushing things. Their heads don't look focused because they're really failing to do some of the basics well enough. You can see the effort from a number of players but they're not playing as a team atm.

Having a revolving door of front rowers can't have helped. You don't get nice setups like that pass from Rhys van Nek for one of Wrights trys in the Brumbies game when you're onto your 11th.. 12th whatever it is front rower. Scrum, maul, line out, a lot of things get impacted.

Last edited:

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
Howmuch better do the Tahs look, week after week, when Grant replaces Gordon? I know Gordon does some good things, but Grant's ability to get to the breakdown quickly and pass acurately off the deck gives the blokes outside him so much more time.
Overall that was a pathetic display from a team who looked like they've just given up on season 2024. Hanigan, Gamble Walton and Peitsch looked like the only ones who really cared.
I'm a rusted on Tahs supporter, but gee it's hard sometimes. I don't blame the front row, they are clearlyplaying out of their pay level, but the rest of the team should really feel ashamed of their efforts.
You've got to wonder where Gordon's head is at, at the moment. Grant looks good, upping the tempo even if his pass isn't as crisp as I'd like. It's a little hard comparing a starter to a finisher though with the opposition is often tiring.

Anyway, I suspect this is going to be a fizzle of a season end with a lot of players thinking about their next moves.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
You've got to wonder where Gordon's head is at, at the moment. Grant looks good, upping the tempo even if his pass isn't as crisp as I'd like. It's a little hard comparing a starter to a finisher though with the opposition is often tiring.

Anyway, I suspect this is going to be a fizzle of a season end with a lot of players thinking about their next moves.
i have more issues with edmed tbh. opposition defenses know that he will rarely challenge the line, and >80% if the time throw a pass out the back.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
i have more issues with edmed tbh. opposition defenses know that he will rarely challenge the line, and >80% if the time throw a pass out the back.
on reflection, add whitaker to the shitlist. how the fuck have we not added something more than another pass out the back move in the backline.

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
Just watched the game and there’s some poor takes as usual in this place.

There are some things I can accept; the front row being outclassed and Edmed being limited. What shouldnt be acceptable, especially from some of our senior players. Foket making multiple poor decisions in defence that led directly to tries and Gleesons hands are absolutely terrible.