• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australian Rugby / RA

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
He has to go as there wouldn’t be a single rugby club or school in Australia that would invite him to their Annual Rugby Lunch.

And on further consideration Hamish wouldn’t be invited either.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Saddest thing about this whole situation is, Rennie appeared to be creating a great culture within the team and Hurricane Eddie has just left a massive trail of destruction even if hes gone in the coming months.

Putting results aside, we've gone backwards in some many non-quantifiable metrics that it hard to even fathom where we're now at compared to 12 months ago.

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Saddest thing about this whole situation is, Rennie appeared to be creating a great culture within the team and Hurricane Eddie has just left a massive trail of destruction even if hes gone in the coming months.

Putting results aside, we've gone backwards in some many non-quantifiable metrics that it hard to even fathom where we're now at compared to 12 months ago.
12 tests until the Lions... not good.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Just wondering, cough, cough, cough, on giving Eddie the heave ho, do we have the money, he is on reasonable money and you also need to fund the replacement. Gotta cost with firing and rehiring say my guess 2 million to buy Eddie out, and then hire a new coach say 600K or more.

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Alfred Walker (16)

I know its early but this whole "golden decade" has been squandered.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I guess it could be worse, Eddie assured us last week the Wallabies are in a much better place now even if we could not see it yet.

Although I am also a little confused. Why are we talking about him leaving when he assured us he was in it for the long haul?

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
The overwhelming sentiment attached to EJ (Eddie Jones) is that he’s very smart, very tough and very, very convinced that he owes nobody anything.

Tomthumb

John Solomon (38)
Saddest thing about this whole situation is, Rennie appeared to be creating a great culture within the team
Yeah, if only singalong’s and concussions at training led to test victories

Next Wallabies coach needs one quality only; be a nice guy. As long as he’s a nice guy, he’ll get away with anything

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I know its early but this whole "golden decade" has been squandered.
I think people's expectations are too anchored to what Australia has been and just assume it'll sort of continue.

It's a different world for rugby here now. I would say we are closer to the Second Amateur Era than being a serious tier 1 player again.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
I don't want to stoke the fire, or get this out of context.

But, international success over time, not simply a one off, but constant success seems not only to bring crowds and TV ratings it appears it brings funding as well.

I kinda, sorta, open this up for discussion, analysis if you wish, but certainty a talking point. It started when I read a click bait head line on 9msm, that read "Sam Kerr fan favourite in Iran" ,[ article below.] In the article it showed the WA & fed gov have spent on a Football specific training centre 50 million.

Google being what it is then linked me to Vic & Fed gov 100 million dollar Womens Football specific training and development facility.

You could add to this at every interview Graham Arnold asks for a Sydney based Socceroo training facility.

The two questions it poses for me and I find interesting, is First as our national teams fall down the rankings, government funding appears harder to get. Second the Football admins seem to be directing their funding received [my reading of these two articles] to high performance centres for their best juniors rather than at their professional teams.

If I am right, the importance of national teams success over time, is far more important than I previously understood pertaining to government funding. The wow wow wow factor for me was the funding was allocated for junior training facilities and is this the way of sourcing government funding.

The key links below are the last two describing the facilities the second one is from FA and is quite detailed.

AnyWho welcome discussion.

links

Sam Kerr a fan favourite even in Iran

The WA Centre

Melbourne Facility

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I don't want to stoke the fire, or get this out of context.

But, international success over time, not simply a one off, but constant success seems not only to bring crowds and TV ratings it appears it brings funding as well.

I kinda, sorta, open this up for discussion, analysis if you wish, but certainty a talking point. It started when I read a click bait head line on 9msm, that read "Sam Kerr fan favourite in Iran" ,[ article below.] In the article it showed the WA & fed gov have spent on a Football specific training centre 50 million.

Google being what it is then linked me to Vic & Fed gov 100 million dollar Womens Football specific training and development facility.

You could add to this at every interview Graham Arnold asks for a Sydney based Socceroo training facility.

The two questions it poses for me and I find interesting, is First as our national teams fall down the rankings, government funding appears harder to get. Second the Football admins seem to be directing their funding received [my reading of these two articles] to high performance centres for their best juniors rather than at their professional teams.

If I am right, the importance of national teams success over time, is far more important than I previously understood pertaining to government funding. The wow wow wow factor for me was the funding was allocated for junior training facilities and is this the way of sourcing government funding.

The key links below are the last two describing the facilities the second one is from FA and is quite detailed.

AnyWho welcome discussion.

links

Sam Kerr a fan favourite even in Iran

The WA Centre

Melbourne Facility
Lol party of the 100m dollar investment at La Trobe sports parks is the home of the Rebels academy and it will by the home ground for the Super W team

KOB1987

John Eales (66)

I don't disagree with that but that culture wasn't winning us many games either. It's impossible to know how we would have fared if we left Rennie at the helm but I suspect we would have probably made it to the quarters and that's it. One silver lining out of this clusterfuck is that several promising younger players got some invaluable experience they otherwise wouldn't have.
Just wondering, cough, cough, cough, on giving Eddie the heave ho, do we have the money, he is on reasonable money and you also need to fund the replacement. Gotta cost with firing and rehiring say my guess 2 million to buy Eddie out, and then hire a new coach say 600K or more.
Its 8 months until our next test, and probably 4 till the first training camp. RA would be wise to sit on their hands for the time being, go through the review process and starting looking for the new assistants, and let Eddie enjoy his 'holiday' in Japan in the meantime.