• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australian Rugby / RA

KOB1987

John Eales (66)

HogansHeros

Bob Loudon (25)

Swing and a miss imo - all a bit 'meh'

Edit: fuck me, I thought the ball was alright, then I saw the price!!

Suprised by the price of the Jersey, slightly cheaper than the price of a Wallabies supporter jersey at Rebel

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)

Swing and a miss imo - all a bit 'meh'

Edit: fuck me, I thought the ball was alright, then I saw the price!!
No idea who thought the emblem abd then shirt jersey goes well together.

Shame as I like the white collar over the asic cotton one.

Price wise it's fine. I dropped $260 on the Reds Canterbury cotton jerseys and am well chuffed with the results.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
I find it interesting that R.M.Williams are even allowed to released a wallabies jersey as ASICS are the Wallaby jersey manufacturer.

unless that deal didn’t include ‘heritage’ style jerseys, which would be an amazing oversight.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I find it interesting that R.M.Williams are even allowed to released a wallabies jersey as ASICS are the Wallaby jersey manufacturer.

unless that deal didn’t include ‘heritage’ style jerseys, which would be an amazing oversight.
I would imagine that Asics wouldn't own the rights to earlier jerseys anyway? And if these are 90's style I can't imagine those rights still held by anyone, there will be a couple of changes to meet any problems I think it has to be only 10% different from when I was involved in rag trade)

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I can see a pair of the socks in my Father’s Day near future…

EDIT: I actually don't mind the hats either and for $60 that's pretty much market for a decent cap. I wonder how much of this stuff will end up on discount at the Harbour Town store in 6 months, might be worth a dig then.

Last edited:

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
1690257476944.png

RMW have sent out some goodie boxes of the Wobs collab to some influencers. Don't hate it - any possible way to get eyeballs is worth a punt.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
on the topic of merchandise, my mate got me a wallabies beret recently (as what he thought was a joke), turns out it's really really good quality. Not just some flimsy cotton one.
View attachment 16970

RMW have sent out some goodie boxes of the Wobs collab to some influencers. Don't hate it - any possible way to get eyeballs is worth a punt.
who's this? Curious what influencers Wallabies deem relevant

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Josh Miller. Be curious to see who else pops up

Think it'd be RM deeming who's worthy rather than Wobs (or most likely approved by both)
I just find this approach lazy for such a niche range of products that are likely only relevant/interesting to people already engaged in the game

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I just find this approach lazy for such a niche range of products that are likely only relevant/interesting to people already engaged in the game
Again, its RM Williams doing the marketing, not RA. They are specifically marketing to those 'already engaged in the game'. Sure, they want a bigger audience but at the end of the day their goal is to sell shit, not grow rugby at the grassroots or whatever.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Again, its RM Williams doing the marketing, not Rugby Australia. They are specifically marketing to those 'already engaged in the game'. Sure, they want a bigger audience but at the end of the day their goal is to sell shit, not grow rugby at the grassroots or whatever.
Fair call, I thought it was Rugby AU doing the influencer engagement

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
I don’t see the big deal if RM send it to influencers who don’t even care about Rugby. If they chuck it on their Instagram that’s extended reach for Rugby they never would have got before.

Anything is better than what they normally do

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
I really am looking forward to dripping Cadbury onto my $129 RMW scarf whilst driving my Defender to Mosman Rowers where I will change into my ASICS boat shoes quickly checking the progress of my Bet365 chances before watching the Wallabies on Stan back at my IHG hotel room complemented by the complexity of a Taylors Cabernet followed by some more Cadbury…

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Yep, not sure when the ABs/Adidas contract finshes, in next year or so. Super teams have always done their own thing, they basically independabt bodies unlike the NPC unions. It's done a little different ovar here than Aus.

In a future the 5 Aussie franchises should sign a deal with only one clothes supplier? If you join forces maybe you can get a better deal

Top Bottom