• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024. Sep 21, Sep 28

Australia vs NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024 Sep 21, Sep 28

• not watching this

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • call it off

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • cripple fight

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Soup Rugby shits and giggles 52-44 scenario

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • NZ 2-0

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 1-1

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Aus 2-0

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Would somebody PLEASE hold me?

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Mummy! I said hold me!

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • "Mr Cyclo! Stop holding mummy! Mr Cyclo is the bad man, mummy!"

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters

wamberal99

Bob Loudon (25)
The Manager of the building we live is a rugby fan, bumped into him in the gym this a.m., he told me he had made plans to watch the Bledisloe on Sunday.

I saw an ad for the game on Channel Nein a couple of days ago, and it said the game is on Sunday. Farkwits. No wonder we struggle as a sport.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Remember all those years that the Rugby Championship has opened with back to back tests against the All Blacks and everyone complains about the scheduling and us having to play our two hardest games first and the competition effectively being over for us already?

I don't think the scheduling really matters. People complain regardless!

Yes true - dammed if you, dammed if you don't.

I am just waiting for the year they play another Bled in Brisbane and the Broncos and Dolphins both happen to make the NRL Finals. Off to the Gabba again for the Wallabies! Oh wait the Lions are there!

Linerunner2023

Watty Friend (18)
ABs reserve front rowers have 290kg behind them combined
Not sure their scrimmaging prowess but this may be a concern for our lack of back up

Linerunner2023

Watty Friend (18)
It's just been swamped by the fact there are 3 Sydney (greater) sides in the NRL finals as well as the Swans in a final tonight.
Has there been any advertising or marketing promotions for it? Unlike nrl and afl that are over everywhere rugby is the forgotten sport
Need to spend $ on marketing on this to keep interest - or no one knows it on
There will be enough kiwis in the crown similar to the Brisbane game with the saffas in the crowd

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Any idea on crowd numbers for tomorrow.

Iv'e got a bloke offering 2 tickets in the office and is getting flat lined by everyone with most not even knowing it's on with everything talking about the NRL finals at the SFS tonight and tomorrow.
I don't know but my wife and 3 kids are all going and I gotta stay in Canberra and work :(

Sword of Justice

Trevor Allan (34)
If you look at the advertising RA do on buses, newspapers, etc they actually do a lot in terms of quantity against the other codes. You don’t see NRL games being advertised, punters search out that info.

AFL and NRL just have so much more word of mouth and especially news and gambling presence which is constantly providing impetus for punters to think about those sports at a deeper level than just results. It’s a vicious cycle of free advertising for them whilst RA just scraps hard to fight to keep their base aware of game times. Somehow we have a situation where Australian NRL fans rejoice when the Wallabies lose because they hate us that much.

No idea how to fix that or if you can. If I were RA I might redirect all resources to getting into the news cycle. The AFL do this very well with a fairly sinister operative model that basically balance outrage and culture by writing articles for the publishers. It’s been on Media Watch a bunch of times and it’s unethical from the media agencies but if possible that’s what I would be chasing. To accomplish that, however, you need a commentating stable who are all on the same page and plant a couple of player and culture issues for them to blow up about each week. Gross sophistication which Rugby doesn’t have.

Wallabies by 19+ tomorrow.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
He has absolutely lost his mind.

cyclobus.png

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
NZ win by 50+: meh, the Argies put 67 on 'em, whatevs
NZ win by 40: boom chucka, nice wee fantasyland soup-style 80 min break from the grind of test rugby reality
NZ win by 30: Good runaround to paper over the AB cracks before Ire/Eng/Fra bring home the home truths
NZ win by 20: shitshow, playing down to the level below Italy, f*** you Razor
NZ win by 10: moral victory to Aus
NZ lose: grudging praise of Aus followed by The WWW Meme Jaws Of Hell opening at daybreak.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yes true - dammed if you, dammed if you don't.

I am just waiting for the year they play another Bled in Brisbane and the Broncos and Dolphins both happen to make the NRL Finals. Off to the Gabba again for the Wallabies! Oh wait the Lions are there!
Maybe we could make the entire sporting world jealous and play at the soon to be refurbished 40000 seat Olympic stadium built in 1982?

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Sam Cane. Scott Foster is the anti-depth Rassie. Clearly just trying to get the guy to 100 caps now.

Now, tbf, it would be quite funny if this is all an elaborate scheme to blue balls Cane like he did Wyatt Crockett in 2018.

If anyone needs reminding/doesn't know, this was when 202 Cantab Crusader Crockett wasn't selected for the Super Rugby final, which also happened to be his final game before retirement.