• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024. Sep 21, Sep 28

Australia vs NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024 Sep 21, Sep 28

• not watching this

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • call it off

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • cripple fight

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Soup Rugby shits and giggles 52-44 scenario

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • NZ 2-0

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 1-1

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Aus 2-0

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Would somebody PLEASE hold me?

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Mummy! I said hold me!

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • "Mr Cyclo! Stop holding mummy! Mr Cyclo is the bad man, mummy!"

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I disagree with your assessment of Gordon this year but lots of others clearly don’t - which was my point. A good number of posters appear to think he’s been better than his historic form. I don’t.

I’m happy to accept that probably means I’m wrong - but I do think group think sometimes guides perceptions of players form.
1726737676268.gif

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
none of the picks everyone is taking about hardly matters. Gordan or white fuck all difference. Noah or dono fuck all difference. Stewart or paisami fuck all difference.
MK vs Toole. big difference. one has had a ripper super rugby season. played 7s at the Olympics. has a mint combination with wright. is way faster. he must be injured

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Somewhat lazy way to denigrate people with a different opinion, methinks. Just saying.
I don’t think I really denigrated anyone - but apologies if it came across that way. Maybe group think is the wrong term. I have no problems admitting I can get swayed by collective opinions at times and I didn’t really think it was a controversial comment when I made it. I also wrote in the same comment the most like explanation was that I was wrong.

If The Donald says I’m wrong…… well I guess I am. He seems a pretty good judge on most things.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I don’t think I really denigrated anyone - but apologies if it came across that way. Maybe group think is the wrong term. I have no problems admitting I can get swayed by collective opinions at times and I didn’t really think it was a controversial comment when I made it. I also wrote in the same comment the most like explanation was that I was wrong.

If The Donald says I’m wrong…… well I guess I am. He seems a pretty good judge on most things.
OK, denigrate probably a bit strong, I agree. :p
No comment on the Donald...

• Haha
Reactions: TSR

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
none of the picks everyone is taking about hardly matters. Gordan or white fuck all difference. Noah or dono fuck all difference. Stewart or paisami fuck all difference.
MK vs Toole. big difference. one has had a ripper super rugby season. played 7s at the Olympics. has a mint combination with wright. is way faster. he must be injured
Yeah I'm really keen to see what Toole has got but I'd swap him in for Kellaway.

Sword of Justice

Trevor Allan (34)
So many players whose reputations are enhanced on the forum by their not actually playing. Is there a single player available actually knocking the door down? It’s fairly obvious to me that the players are being taken back to preschool by Schmidt in an effort to get them playing 2024 test rugby football. Until they can do that it’s totally irrelevant squabbling over who’s the back up winger.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm sorry for all the Lynagh fans on these threads but I agree that he's done nothing and shown nothing to suggest he's the future. I think we have a bit of a wait yet before the future makes itself visible.
He's 2-3 years off being a viable option and that's if he continues to develop his game and physically.

Has a neat kicking game and not afraid to throw his body into contact. Base is there but I stand by my comments before that he's Bryce Hegarty with a famous surname at this point.

Also not his fault when all the 10s in the country on their day are 7/10s at best. Got to throw something at the wall and see if it sticks. Who will be the first one to push past the rest of the pack and grab the jersey? Noah seems the safety net option at the moment, Donaldson the wildcard who I think should be on the bench as he covers more and Lynagh still floating down the Nile as Moses in many peoples eyes.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Another conversation about a position in which we don't have a legitimate Test standard player available.

You won't settle this convo as it's a style fight between what you prefer. You want unremarkable and reliable then pick Stewart. If you want occasional game changing moment both ways then pick Hunter.

I think it depends on our 10. If we had an explosive 10 I lean towards Stewart but with a game steward type I go Hunter as we need someone to try and get over the line. Game manager 10 and Stewart just means we'll be cute with it and shift it around but put no pressure on the other side and eventually kick it away.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
He's 2-3 years off being a viable option and that's if he continues to develop his game and physically.

Has a neat kicking game and not afraid to throw his body into contact. Base is there but I stand by my comments before that he's Bryce Hegarty with a famous surname at this point.

Also not his fault when all the 10s in the country on their day are 7/10s at best. Got to throw something at the wall and see if it sticks. Who will be the first one to push past the rest of the pack and grab the jersey? Noah seems the safety net option at the moment, Donaldson the wildcard who I think should be on the bench as he covers more and Lynagh still floating down the Nile as Moses in many peoples eyes.
Yeah - I’m pretty happy with how Lynagh is going. I just think it’s too early for him to be playing tests but i assume he is there because Schmidt is trying to play the long and short game simultaneously.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
He has the QLD job locked down you'd think so he'll play plenty and then by 2027 if he keeps developing he gets to that 25+ Test mark to understand the pace and style and not be a bloke thrown in like Berrick Barnes 07

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
Any idea on crowd numbers for tomorrow.

Iv'e got a bloke offering 2 tickets in the office and is getting flat lined by everyone with most not even knowing it's on with everything talking about the NRL finals at the SFS tonight and tomorrow.
Given the time, I legitimately thought this one was in NZ until just now. I'm not Syd based, but I feel the marketing has been absolutely abysmal.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Any idea on crowd numbers for tomorrow.

Iv'e got a bloke offering 2 tickets in the office and is getting flat lined by everyone with most not even knowing it's on with everything talking about the NRL finals at the SFS tonight and tomorrow.
It'll still get a good crowd. It'll just be comprised of ex-pat Kiwis.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I mean, that is kinda to be expected right? The NRL is made up 70% Sydney or Sydney surrounds teams. Booking a test match to compete with their finals is always going to run the high risk of clashing with Sydney based NRL games.

Excellent strategy!

Remember all those years that the Rugby Championship has opened with back to back tests against the All Blacks and everyone complains about the scheduling and us having to play our two hardest games first and the competition effectively being over for us already?

I don't think the scheduling really matters. People complain regardless!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It is interesting to see how few Blues players are playing for the ABs

They win the Super Rugby playing hard aggressive rugby with a set ruthless pigs grinding the opps pigs into the dust

That seems to be what the Abs are missing

I still think they will be too good for the wobs, but the wobs aren't what any side would want to be judged against at the moment