• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia vs British and Irish Lions 2nd Test (Melbourne)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I think option B

And am very thankful that I have a ticket for the decider

I am actually more concerned with the inaccurate clean out and continual dropped balls than who plays 10.

Get some continuity and we will be fine

No need to be concerned with who plays 10, pretty much everyone gets a go there.

We should be concerned at this issue if we care about our national team's performance.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Three games in and the peanut gallery has decided JOC (James O'Connor) is not a 10.

Why aren't you lot coaching Super rugby? Arse clowns. He's had a couple of mediocre performances - quite a few less than a lot of fly half candidates - and you're already throwing him on the fire. Or is it because Deans selected him?

There is a pattern continuing here, where anything that Deans does is considered shit. We dominated for long periods in that game, and fucking WON, and all the negative Nancies are still here, drinking their own piss and complaining it isn't champagne.

Shut the fuck up and go watch soccer - there is a sport we at least celebrate major international wins.

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I see where Pfitzy coming from, geez fellas the Wallabies won. It was a bloody good tight test (as they should be) and although at times the Lions may have looked better, but as Bullrush said in his great post, Wallabies won!! I know the Lions probably won the collision, but the French just did that to ABs in almost whole series, but your boys just got stuck in and stopped them taking advatage of the ball they won. I actauuly think it shows that just as Deans comes to the end of his tenure (as I convinced he will get chop), he actually getting team to play with the heart I want from a test team. If you are not celebrating the win as a Wallaby supporter, I would suggest you don't bother following any sport!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Was that meant to be a gee up Pfitzy? Mate there are guys who are coaching S15 who don't think JOC (James O'Connor) is a 10. Or is your point that if you don't coach S15 level your opinion don't mean shit? You may have a point but sadly because you're not an elite level coach it don't mean shit son.
As for your we won so its all sweet bit? We didn't win game one so clearly the end didn't justify the means in that one did it?
JOC (James O'Connor) isn't a 10 and never has been. This has nothing to do with Deans.
As for the name calling and the crap about fucking off and watching soccer. Drivel.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I should probably add that I was jumping up and down and cheering the win! It was fantastic albeit a bit tough on the heart. I still am celebrating! :)
The fact that I and others have the hide to be critical of aspects of it doesn't mean that I didn't celebrate the win. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
"Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change." I am not wise but nor am I stupid enough to suggest that we can't improve on that performance.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
And to add something for last test, I said before and during tour think Wallabies will win, A; because Lions are generally not a hell of a successful team historically and B; Because I didn't think they would have a midfield to win the series, so I am seeing a Wallaby win in Sydney!!!

Also I won't mention C; I didn't think their loosies would be good enough, but I trying to forget I said that!!;)

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I was at the game and yelled out at one stage when Halfpenny was lining up for a penalty there's this thing called the try line. A Lions supporter quickly responded with yes and if you kick the ball over the try line between the uprights it is worth 3 points. So when AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) scored and Lealiafano converted I said when you place the ball over the try line and then kick the ball over the try line between the uprights its worth 7 points.

A good bit of banter.

Unfortunately we heard Craig Joubert's whistle too much, any chance we can send him back to do Namibia and Uganda matches (the first test he refereed). (BTW, I have never been a fan of Mr Joubert).

The atmosphere was awesome. I thought both teams made some uncustomary errors, which was disappointing given the perfect conditions. But both teams fought their backsides off and it turned into a classic contest. Both tests decided by the last (unsuccessful) kick of the match. Hopefully the third test goes down to the wire in a similar vein.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Man...some of you really are bitter.

That was a great game to watch. A really really great game to watch and some of you are acting like it was a loss. Some of you are saying that the better team lost. Some of you are saying that you won only because of some individual brilliance. Guess what...who cares?!? You won!!

How many game do the ABs win that you think exactly the same things? Where they were out-played for large portions of the game but somehow still managed to grab the win? Some people think France was the better team on the day at the RWC final. The 2nd Irish Test last year. I remember a couple of years back when a dash of Israel Dagg brilliance in the dying minutes of the game got us over the line against the Boks. But the main aim of the game is to win. And tonite you guys did. Can I say that maybe for a little bit of better luck last week, you probably would have won that one too?

Winning games you maybe should have lost is a mark of a good team.

You guys have so many things to be excited about with this team but you want everything to click and fall into place on every game. It just doesn't happen like that.

Again, O'Conner wasn't perfect at all tonite but I thought he was at least as good as Sexton if not better - in just his 3rd (4th?) outing as a Test 10. Will he get better? I don't know but RD obviously sees something more in him - and this is a guy who's coached Merhtens, Dan Carter and Carlos Spencer - so who knows how good he could get? Your scrum overall has been pretty bloody good. You have some great finishers and some amazing x-factor. Your defence didn't let in any tries (and hardly any line breaks). And this is a young team with years to play together.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this team beat the ABs this year at all.

As good as Hooper is, I still think Pocock is the missing key to your forward pack. George Smith might be a great call for Sydney.

Awesome tour..I can't wait for the 2017 one now - might have to start saving to make a special trip home around then!!

Hear bloody hear! Some folks will just never be happy. Sadly they are now in the majority on this site and the whole tone of the place is being dragged down with them. Embrace the win you fools & try to drown out that boorish & repetitive Lion's chant in Sydney next week!

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Its all academic because Robbie will pick an unchanged squad for test 3 and hey not our best team but will make for a epic encounter. Hate for us to pick To'omua, George smith and have Izzy at the back and win by 10

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm not happy with JOC (James O'Connor) & Beale because it's the same old headlines with those two clowns & to be honest they where both pretty crap last night after a week when they really owed it to their teamates to have a big game.

I'd rather read about blokes like Ben Mowen who work hard, don't talk shit & get stuck in.

I wouldn't go changing the team for Sydney but if those two aren't in everyone's 3-2-1 next week I'd like to see them dropped for blokes like To'omua & Mogg come the rugby championship.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I'm not happy with JOC (James O'Connor) & Beale because it's the same old headlines with those two clowns & to be honest they where both pretty crap last night after a week when they really owed it to their teamates to have a big game.

I'd rather read about blokes like Ben Mowen who work hard, don't talk shit & get stuck in.

I wouldn't go changing the team for Sydney but if those two aren't in everyone's 3-2-1 next week I'd like to see them dropped for blokes like To'omua & Mogg come the rugby championship.
Yep pretty sure you wouldn't have found Lilo at hungry jacks at 4am on wednesday. Genia must have a sore back from carrying Occonor.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
My comments were pulled on the 3,2,1 as didn't read the rules, A lot of MOM points allocated to Hooper? Was I not the only one who thought whilst he carried well (always does) he was largely ineffective at the breakdown and George Smith would have made a world of difference?

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Hear bloody hear! Some folks will just never be happy. Sadly they are now in the majority on this site and the whole tone of the place is being dragged down with them. Embrace the win you fools & try to drown out that boorish & repetitive Lion's chant in Sydney next week!
I think you will find that a lot of us were excited and screaming our lungs out with the best of them but you are on a rugby forum you fool would be pretty boring if everyone came on here to slap everyone on the back. Its about sharing opinion and analysis.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
My comments were pulled on the 3,2,1 as didn't read the rules, A lot of MOM points allocated to Hooper? Was I not the only one who thought whilst he carried well (always does) he was largely ineffective at the breakdown and George Smith would have made a world of difference?

I agree. I don't see how so many points can be given to Palu and Hooper who were part of a backrow that was dominated at the breakdown. Mowen you would consider for points because of his impact in the line out.

The breakdown only evened up when Warburton went off and Gill came on.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I think it's a little ironic that Deans selected JOC (James O'Connor) because he wanted a 10 that played the whole role of a 10 and not one that hides in defence and then he selects a 10 that hides in attack! ;-)

And his 'real' attacking 10 (Beale) defends at fullback (and not very well I might add).

It is not only ironic it is hypocritical.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Its all academic because Robbie will pick an unchanged squad for test 3 and hey not our best team but will make for a epic encounter. Hate for us to pick To'omua, George smith and have Izzy at the back and win by 10

It's funny how the narrative of people predicting 'what Deans will do' has shifted.

All through the Super season people were convinced Deans would ignore form players like Lealiifano, Mowen, Tomane, Mogg, Gill etc. and pick his old favourites like McCabe, Dennis etc.

But then, by and large, Deans doesn't do that at all. And these blokes are now wearing gold.

So it shifts to focus solely on the 10 jumper. Deans is inadequate as a coach because he keeps picking JOC (James O'Connor) at 10. Even though we just beat the Lions with our centres and outside backs having a far greater impact on the game than the Lions outside men. Not saying JOC (James O'Connor) was outstanding, but I think he was certainly better than most seem to think.

And now we have this- 'Robbie won't change it up, he will stick blindly to the blokes who did the job in Melbourne'.

I am not necessarily saying he won't do that. But my point here is a lot of RD predictions have been wrong this year, and it wouldn't surprise me if this was another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.