• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v New Zealand - Sydney 16 Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
yeah but not as a 10

No, but I imagine Link wants his distribution skills (unparalleled with Cooper out) but without compromising defence in the critical 12 channel.

I actually think it's quite a shrewd move. It's risky and time will tell, but there's definitely a case for it.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
McKenzie does has a knack of getting the best out of his players. So Beale at 10 could surprise a lot of people. I've bashed Beale a lot, and while I don't think he can compare to the likes of Cooper I am quietly expecting him to perform well-enough. Just please no more brain farts.

T

Train Without a Station

Beale at 10 won't be a stroke of madness. But it may turn out to not be a very best available option there.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
McKenzie does has a knack of getting the best out of his players. So Beale at 10 could surprise a lot of people. I've bashed Beale a lot, and while I don't think he can compare to the likes of Cooper I am quietly expecting him to perform well-enough. Just please no more brain farts.

To be fair, Cooper was just as big a liability in defence as Beale a couple seasons ago and used to drift too much in attack. He fixed a lot of that and on this season it seems so has Beale

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Jesus Christ Ewen, I hope you know what you're doing.

Will be a master stroke or a complete disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Big deal Beale , backs score trys but forwards win matches and this is a big one , unfortunate disruption up front so hopefully we can hold our own but the back five is where the fun is ,if they play to their capabilities for 80 mins there is a chance , cant wait .

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
upon thinking, with the much talked about combos of White/To'omua in the halves, and Beale/AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in the centres, we may see a bit of switcheroo going on..they are just numbers on their backs remember..

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
To be fair, Cooper was just as big a liability in defence as Beale a couple seasons ago and used to drift too much in attack. He fixed a lot of that and on this season it seems so has Beale

Cooper last Test run was very good. Couldn't have asked for more. His weaknesses didn't seem to be an issue any more. Especially his game against the AB in NZ where he has the added pressure of being constantly boo'd. So I hold him in high esteem now.

Beale is yet to prove himself at Test level as his weaknesses are still prevalent.

Beale might produce some glimses of brilliance this saturday but I would be looking closely at his actions whilst under pressure, decision making & composure , his crabbing, and his defence.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
ARU trying hard to keep Beale in Union is the only thought that explains him starting at 10.

Another thought would be his success at first receiver this year for the Waratahs in securing their maiden title. Watch the lead up to AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s first try. Beale's flat, long ball to Foley was critical and without Cooper available, he's the only guy in Australia that can pull that off right now.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm keen to see how Beale goes..........

There's a lot of cool heads in that backline, and like Quade's second coming might not turn out to be not be such a gamble..........

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
the other thing that hasn't really been mentioned..the fact that Higginbotham is in the '24' would imply, one would think, that there is an issue with one of Fardy, Palu or McCalman..

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Beale starting at 10? baffling, fark

Yep agree - honestly thought Foley had done enough to warrant selection - as said earlier Hooper will be covering KB (Kurtley Beale) in general defence and probably slipper off defensive lineouts will defend in 10 chanel.

Hope it works Link.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
the other thing that hasn't really been mentioned..the fact that Higginbotham is in the '24' would imply, one would think, that there is an issue with one of Fardy, Palu or McCalman..

Or maybe he's been bracketed as an outside back?

*boom tish *

Status
Not open for further replies.