• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Aug 6th 2016. Super Rugby Final. Canes vs Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Since when is anyone aloud to come in the side and dance on the ball for 3 seconds and not get pinged for it

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Could of been a penalty for a shoulder Charge on the knees as well

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Since when is anyone aloud to come in the side and dance on the ball for 3 seconds and not get pinged for it

Surely you've watched Glen Jackson referer before?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Since when have players been allowed to pilfer by just pinning themselves to the player on the ground. It's just pure pretend.

There's definitely been some home town 'interpretations' as well.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Surely you've watched Glen Jackson referer before?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
No idea why Angus isn't the match ref tonight. It would Of made a lot of sence. Regardless of what happens south African media will blame the kiwi ref

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Since when have players been allowed to pilfer by just pinning themselves to the player on the ground. It's just pure pretend.

There's definitely been some home town 'interpretations' as well.
Hahaha what. He had his hands all over the ball. That's why he couldnt put it back. It was a legit pilfer.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
The prompt hurricanes chant is worse then the we are red chant

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Hahaha what. He had his hands all over the ball. That's why he couldnt put it back. It was a legit pilfer.

It's bullshit technique, not supporting own weight at all.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Lions backs are not running onto the ball. Heaps of room to improve in this game.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Shit commentary that's not a penalty. He didn't tackle him on the ground

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Maybe at the start but by the time Jackson saw it was textbook

Yeah it's very common, happens all the time and refs reward it. How is the intention to retrieve the ball when they wrap arms around the player?

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Lions won't mind that. They haven't been able to get out of second gear. heaps of room to improve in the second half.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah it's very common, happens all the time and refs reward it. How is the intention to retrieve the ball when they wrap arms around the player?
I'm pretty sure he is pinning the ball against the players chest. I get your argument though

Reactions: ACR

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Coles needs to quietly remind the ref that it's illegal for defenders to dive down on grounded players recovering a kick. Other than that, Hurricanes are going quite well at suffocating Jantjies, and knocking over their ball runners. Have also spooked them out of taking lineouts, which is handy on a wet and windy night.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Coles needs to quietly remind the ref that it's illegal for defenders to dive down on grounded players recovering a kick. Other than that, Hurricanes are going quite well at suffocating Jantjies, and knocking over their ball runners. Have also spooked them out of taking lineouts, which is handy on a wet and windy night.

He's busy getting ready to throw handbags at every opportunity.

Hurricanes doing the business on defense, simple as that.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Glen Jackson is useless clear not rolling away and the Lions end up in the shit.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
When did anyone dive on anyone from a kick?the Lions players stayed on their feet

Status
Not open for further replies.