• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

All Blacks v Samoa & Tonga v Wales: June 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Not raining as such but some of the crowd are wearing rain ponchos & it's at least a heavy dew if not a mist rolling in from the sea-type situation. Inauspicious, that.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Nosferatu. How did you drop that one? Old man Kaino is also looking good. Knocking blokes over left right and centre.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
I don't recall ever seeing a TMO ever instructing the ref to stop play for a review. But then there's plenty of rugby that I either don't see or remember. Just seemed very odd to me.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Nosferatu. How did you drop that one?

Only possible explanation is that the ground has been sprayed with garlic. Aucks will do anything to be just like Edinburgh :) First 10min a bit shaky but made up for by the next 30, Samoans look to be tiring already so could get messy if Shag keeps the starters out there until 3/4 time or later.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
78 - 0. Bench had a bit of an impact. Stiff opposition from Samoa early on but faded away.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
  • Aside from the soothing feast of support play axe murder, best part was that BBarretts place kickign was on song.

Jules got involved in last 20 maybe after realising he'd done fuckall all night. Can't seem to beat his man any more. Any man.

Thought Dagg was mainly shades of shit. Just seemed to be the where too many movements went to die.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
ALB seems to be the new Nonu, which is good/bad depending on your opinion of the Chiefs. I also thought it was interesting that Retallick assumed the captaincy ahead of Cane.

Kev

Herbert Moran (7)
  • Aside from the soothing feast of support play axe murder, best part was that BBarretts place kickign was on song.

Noticed that as well. That makes me a bit worried as an aussie - it was the one thing that kept us in the match (sometimes)!

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)

Jules got involved in last 20 maybe after realising he'd done fuckall all night. Can't seem to beat his man any more. Any man.

Thought Dagg was mainly shades of shit. Just seemed to be the where too many movements went to die.

Naholo, NMS, Ioane all waiting in the wings. If the business doesn't get done there will be somoene ready.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I just watched the replay of All Blacks v Samoa. Wow, absolutely scintillating rugby from the All Blacks. A pleasure to watch.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
ALB seems to be the new Nonu, which is good/bad depending on your opinion of the Chiefs. I also thought it was interesting that Retallick assumed the captaincy ahead of Cane.

I thought Brodie taking over was midly interesting as well. Cane does have competition for his spot so there might be something to that.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
The speed at which this iteration of the All Blacks turns defence into attack is a sight to behold. The Lions boyo's will be aiming for a mistake free match with ball in hand.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
The speed at which this iteration of the All Blacks turns defence into attack is a sight to behold. The Lions boyo's will be aiming for a mistake free match with ball in hand.
It was excellent, wasn't it.

However, the Lions will deliberately attack in a shape that can transition into defense easily, so I doubt it will be as big of an issue.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
I thought Brodie taking over was midly interesting as well. Cane does have competition for his spot so there might be something to that.

I thought on his performance last night, Cane absolutely locked in the starting spot for ABs, and threw in a couple of extra bolts just so noone would even consider thinking otherwise, personally I thought he was immense and bloody close to MOTM. Mind you there were a few good performances out there ALB looked bloody good and if I was a selector I would be starting Crotty at 12 and ALB at 13. I think after that test it is almost definite that Fekitoa will head overseas. BB was again pretty good after I thought being a little shakey in opening 10-15 minutes, I still at the back of my mind think he is almost more suited to 15 than 10, but that not saying he's not pretty bloody good 10.
All in all thought it a reasonable hit out for ABs ahaed of Lions.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
I thought on his performance last night, Cane absolutely locked in the starting spot for ABs, and threw in a couple of extra bolts just so noone would even consider thinking otherwise, personally I thought he was immense and bloody close to MOTM.

You are almost certainly correct. I do wonder how they are going to keep Savea off the field though. Some combo of him coming on to replace Read or Cane early in the second half maybe which means having Cane as the backup captain is probably a little difficult.

Soponga did more than enough, with the cavet that the game was over by then, to show why Cruden is surplus to requirements.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Crudes should come straight back in. Although he's leaving so they might just "move on" from him Luatua style. Sopagas looked a bit shonky I thought, plus dogshit placekicking. Fringe player, he'll want to sort his shit out, especially with Dmac identified as 1st 5 option, huge audition today in Maori game

Cane was my MOTM too, reminiscent of the GOAT how he kept churning out the dominant tackles for the whole 80. Poor M.Todd, completely fucked. Don't think Cane will get subbed. Mccaw-like motor. ASavea I could see riding some major pine or watching from stands.

Zero’s onto something with ALB Nonu comparison, dozey soup rugby then BAM, test time, he’s an All Black.

Hoping Naholo comes in for Dagg. Or RIoane if he continues roasting fuckers alive out on the wing. But they won't. More safety first kicking option bollocks. Fuck that. BURN THEM WITH FIRE.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^^^ so you want JSav & Naholo on the wings at the same time? I seem to recall us trying that a couple times. Didn't work out too well IIRC. We need a 2nd kicking option at the back against these blokes so if not Dagg then it's gotta be DMac (haha predictive text wanted to call him DRACULA :)). I'd be happy with either but please not any two of JSav, Naholo & RIoane out there at the same time.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Crudes should come straight back in. Although he's leaving so they might just "move on" from him Luatua style. Sopagas looked a bit shonky I thought, plus dogshit placekicking. Fringe player, he'll want to sort his shit out, especially with Dmac identified as 1st 5 option, huge audition today in Maori game

Cane was my MOTM too, reminiscent of the GOAT how he kept churning out the dominant tackles for the whole 80. Poor M.Todd, completely fucked. Don't think Cane will get subbed. Mccaw-like motor. ASavea I could see riding some major pine or watching from stands.

Zero’s onto something with ALB Nonu comparison, dozey soup rugby then BAM, test time, he’s an All Black.

Hoping Naholo comes in for Dagg. Or RIoane if he continues roasting fuckers alive out on the wing. But they won't. More safety first kicking option bollocks. Fuck that. BURN THEM WITH FIRE.

You will need Dagg as part of the de-fanging one of the Lion's key strengths, the contestable kick from Murray, Sexton and Farrell. Defuse that and they don't have a lot else except crash ball and set piece

Status
Not open for further replies.