• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

All Blacks Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I thought it was quite a conservative squad with a focus a consistency over brilliance, methinks the ABs will go very conservative at times to grind out wins this time, something they don't need to practice much.

There challenge will be the usual one, through the early part of the RWC they will destroy sides - even the French are talking of passing on their early game.

So the 1/4s and semis come and the ABs will again lack hard rugby, whilst the other sides would have had to battle to get their from much earlier

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Was quite surprised with some of the Cartels decisions but I think they are trying to form the most solid squad possible.

This shows with Slade over Cruden, Ben Smith over Ranger and Ellis over Matthewson.

Disappointed not to see Cory Jane in the squad as well, I know he had a shocking Super season but he has been all class the past two years and I think he is their best right winger.

B

Braveheart.

That squad (whilst strong) does not strike the fear of god into me....

The omissions of Crockett, Mathewson, Ranger and to a lesser extent Fruean are mind boggling.

I really think that we can beat a starting XV from that squad (even less Fat-Cat).

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Really? Seems like a level headed guy but I've seen f-all big leadership and the Chiefs ain't exactly killed it of late in the clever decision making department.

If he's really in there for that then they really are stuffed for leadership outside of Richie and Read

When you are appointed captain of the All Blacks by the likes of Henry/Smith, it is a fair assumption that your leadership is held in high regard by your playing peers. When you lead your team to a Super14 Final, it's a pretty impressive accomplishment considering the coach ignored the set-pice for the entire time he was in charge, failing to secure a decent tighthead, and continued to select a hooker who could not hit a barn door.

Status
Not open for further replies.