• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

All Blacks Non-Bledisloe Matches 2024

zer0

John Thornett (49)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Starting to get a bit excited about this week's test/s actually. But with the Poms was interested listening to Wiggleworth on Breakdown (had a struggle watching it as I been pissed at Goldy moaning about Gus Gardner after Chiefs/Canes semi), but I must admit it did get juices flowing with talk of test this week etc.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
England: 1-Joe Marler, 2-Jamie George (capt), 3-Will Stuart, 4-Maro Itoje, 5-George Martin, 6-Chandler Cunningham-South, 7-Sam Underhill, 8-Ben Earl, 9-Alex Mitchell, 10-Marcus Smith, 11-Tommy Freeman, 12-Ollie Lawrence, 13-Henry Slade, 14-Immanuel Feyi-Waboso, 15-George Furbank

Reserves: 16-Theo Dan, 17-Fin Baxter, 18-Dan Cole, 19- Alex Coles, 20-Tom Curry, 21-Ben Spencer, 22-Fin Smith, 23- Ollie Sleightholme

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It still strikes me as somewhat amateur that different teams announce their lineups at different times and even days. Its like one of those fine touches that a good professional game gets right. Everything nice and orderly.

Anyway quite a few names I don't recognize in that England team.

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
Agreed. Itoje is looking like he's finding some of his former form which is good to see. He's looked like he'd lost his edge for awhile there. Reminded me a bit of James Ryan or Ireland who was red hot for a season or so and then lost his edge. Marler is the kind of grub you love to have on your side and it doesn't hurt that he's a class scrummager. Earl has been a standout for England and probably one of the players in this group who has impressed me the most. I like Slade being back in at 13 and Feyi-Waboso as you highlighted has been exciting. I also prefer Furbank out back over Steward who was the goto for awhile.

That bench isn't half bad with some genuine experinece in the likes of Cole and even Curry coupled with some quality youth with Smith and Baxter.

With a bit more of a run up, their attack is starting to look like it's finally clicking with their ruck work still looking strong.

I'll be cheering on my NZ cousins, but this is one of the more exciting looking England sides for awhile. Going to hopefully be a good series. Keen to see how quickly Razor can hit the ground running and how he approaches this series.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
3mpa7pns2ead1.jpeg

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Is Barrett the only All Black in history that gets a completely free ride. Just has to be fit and he's automatically in the team.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Not unhappy with that 23 but a bit concerned wrt the officials:

Referee: Nika Amashukeli (GRU)
Assistant Referee 1: Nic Berry (RA)
Assistant Referee 2: Jordan Way (RA)
TMO: Eric Gauzins (FFR)

I seem to recall Amashukeli being a bit out of his depth at RWC, hopefully he's improved since then & that he & Gauzins are on the same page i.e. no "do we have a deal?"-type shenanigans.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Me, a Super Rugby winning Auckland Blues killdozer intellectual seeing this backline: what is this, a backline for a 5th grade game? The absolute state of it.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Is Barrett the only All Black in history that gets a completely free ride. Just has to be fit and he's automatically in the team.
Well there are 3 Barretts in the team, and I would have all 3 of them in my 23 everyday.