• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

AIC Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WB15

Sam johnson, shane larkman and simon mikele from eddies all nearly made it last year.

R

rugby_09

A friend I know his son goes to eddies and he was telling me Sam Johnson has done the same ankle that he did in AIC last year. And that he did it in the first 10 minutes on the weekend. Does anyone know if he will be back this year?

rugby1768

Allen Oxlade (6)
maybe Harry Moore and Jonno Kent of Ashgrove are in with a shout (for AIC) this year. Both had ok seasons last year but were in a poor Ashgrove team that failed to utilise them properly. Harry Moore is an outstanding ball runner/tackler and Jonno is lightning at fullback and will beat the first defender 9/10 times.

A

aicrugby2011

who will be the aic 1 and 2 front rows? and the aic 1 flyhalf?

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)

Jamie Parker from Villa is a quality prop, simon mikaele from eddies will be a chance, the padua end eddies hookers were very impressive on saturday, from what i hear the captain of st peters is a quality prop as well.

As for flyhalf, based on round 1 probabley the iona 10

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
Round 2:
SPC v SLC- Match of the round. Lauries weren't overly impressive last week and a strong Patties side will be keen to stay undefeated before Ashgrove next week. Will be close but Patties by 3 at home.
SEC v Villa- Huge game for both sides, the loser will be pretty much out of premiership contention. Eddies will be fired up after losing last week and may make Villa pay. Eddies by 15.
Iona v Padua- May have underestimated Iona judging on their performance against Ashgrove. Padua had a good win last weekend and will be wanting to back it up. Padua by 7.
SPLC v Ash- Ash should make 2 from 2 although Peters won't be a walkover judging on their efforts so far this year. Ash by 15.

A

aicrugby2011

Simon is a beast, however, does he have the heart? All will revealed soon enough. Jamie Parker, i'm iffy about, missed quite a lot of rugby, and lacks something, not sure what it is, very good scrummager however. David Eske (iona 10) very good player also!

A

AIC Tragic

For AIC selections, do they pick players in different positions to what they play for their First XV? Alot of strong 12/13's this year who have had experience at 10. Would they consider a possible move of a 12/13 to flyhalf for AIC selection?

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
For AIC selections, do they pick players in different positions to what they play for their First XV? Alot of strong 12/13's this year who have had experience at 10. Would they consider a possible move of a 12/13 to flyhalf for AIC selection?

are you refering to christian Welch?

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
Based on what ive heard this would be the boys i'd consider for aic backlines:

FULLBACK: Andrew Shipp (PADUA), Kyle Blackman (SEC) Jono Kent (ASH)
WING: Tyrone Brimble (SPLC), Jarrod Watson (SPC)
CENTRE: Sam Johnson (SEC), Giles Beveridge (SPC), Jack Creighton (PADUA), Christian Welch (VILLA)
FLY-Half: David Eske (IONA), Heta Manuel (SEC), Will Thomasson (ASH)
HALFBACK: Simon Gregg (SLC), Scott Maloula (ASH)

W

WB15

eddies hooker is nts as a backrower.......eddies coaches have been changed up and the new ones are jsu ttrying to throw as much talent as they can without continuity.....luckily a fair few have committed to wests colts this year and next so i dont complain

A

aicrugby2011

AIC 1 2011 prediction

1. Simon Mikale
2. ?
3. Aaron Sorridomi
4. Scott Mains
5. ?
6. ?
7. Brad Wilkin
8. Tom Milosevic
9. Scott Maloua