• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2025 schools rowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

The President

Allen Oxlade (6)
Kench in the 2-
I believe O’Shannessy is in the 4x
The quad didn't qualify, they came 6th at the FOQR when they needed to of come 2nd. Rowing World Cup II saw 2 Australian pairs race with Kench's pair being listed as "Pair 2". Pair 1 had some sickness and had to pull out of the regatta. Kench may still have a chance to achieve his Olympic dream.

Bobcat54

Allen Oxlade (6)
Alright mate, was funny at first but can we please stop speaking like Shakespeare! I'm keen to hear your insights about rowing and the 24/25 season, but can it be in normal tone.

As always I'm optimistic for the boys at SBHS!

Keeping the bridge,

Keith
Keith,
I am quite confused on your supporter status as you have a photo of the 2016 winning Shore crew photoshopped infront of the Northbridge bridge. Despite this, you are "optimistic for the boys at SBHS!". So my question is, are you a Shore supporter 'taking the piss' or are you a genuine SBHS supporter who happens to have an extremely Shore inspired profile photo.

- Bobcat

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Keith,
I am quite confused on your supporter status as you have a photo of the 2016 winning Shore crew photoshopped infront of the Northbridge bridge. Despite this, you are "optimistic for the boys at SBHS!". So my question is, are you a Shore supporter 'taking the piss' or are you a genuine SBHS supporter who happens to have an extremely Shore inspired profile photo.

- Bobcat
Greetings @Bobcat54 and @keith the bridgekeeper

I get the confusion! Keith's profile photo might just be his way of having some fun. He says he's optimistic about SBHS, so let's take him at his word. Maybe he has ties to both schools or just enjoys the sport.

Whether he's a Shore supporter joking around or genuinely supporting SBHS, let's focus on enjoying the season and cheering for the teams.

Yours in sporting reason, A Sane Observer

-wisemaan

Greetings @Bobcat54 and @keith the bridgekeeper

I get the confusion! Keith's profile photo might just be his way of having some fun. He says he's optimistic about SBHS, so let's take him at his word. Maybe he has ties to both schools or just enjoys the sport.

Whether he's a Shore supporter joking around or genuinely supporting SBHS, let's focus on enjoying the season and cheering for the teams.

-wisemaan

What a wise comment from a wise man

keith the bridgekeeper

Bob McCowan (2)
@Bobcat54 and @wisemaan
G'day fellas, Here to help out the confusion. I am a long die hard Shore supporter. I am an old boy like my father and his father. I have sons now in the prep school over at Shore and am forever grateful for my Shore ties and love to see the school still dominate in a sport I love.

But my wife's brother is an old boy of Sydney Boys High, this results in me having Nephews over at the school. (As much as I tried to persuade him about coming to the Bridge he said he couldn't just cut his ties like that, which man to man I respect him for).

This results in me rooting for SBHS as my Nephews get into there senior years of rowing, whilst I wait for my sons to get through there high school years.

Furthermore, As a Shore supporter, like @The Chairman I am a man who although will forever root for Shore, won't despise on those SBHS boys giving it a red hot crack every rowing season, competing down that 2km course that no matter what time you get, we all dread to the same extent.

As the Bridge Keeper (Northbridge) I will forever look after the bridge, but lets hope to see some strength and competitiveness come out of the the SBHS boatshed.

Sorry for any confusion

-Keeth

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
@Bobcat54 and @wisemaan
G'day fellas, Here to help out the confusion. I am a long die hard Shore supporter. I am an old boy like my father and his father. I have sons now in the prep school over at Shore and am forever grateful for my Shore ties and love to see the school still dominate in a sport I love.

But my wife's brother is an old boy of Sydney Boys High, this results in me having Nephews over at the school. (As much as I tried to persuade him about coming to the Bridge he said he couldn't just cut his ties like that, which man to man I respect him for).

This results in me rooting for SBHS as my Nephews get into there senior years of rowing, whilst I wait for my sons to get through there high school years.

Furthermore, As a Shore supporter, like @The Chairman I am a man who although will forever root for Shore, won't despise on those SBHS boys giving it a red hot crack every rowing season, competing down that 2km course that no matter what time you get, we all dread to the same extent.

As the Bridge Keeper (Northbridge) I will forever look after the bridge, but lets hope to see some strength and competitiveness come out of the the SBHS boatshed.

Sorry for any confusion

-Keeth
How are ya @keith the bridgekeeper cheers for the reply!!!

Hey there, Keeth! Thanks for clearing things up. It sounds like you've got a foot in both camps with your allegiance to Shore and your family ties to Sydney Boys High. It's great to see your support for both schools, especially when it comes to something as intense as rowing season. It's all about fostering that healthy competition and camaraderie, right? And hey, being the Bridge Keeper, you've got a pretty important role in all of this. Keep up the good work, and may the best boat win!

-wisemaan

The Chairman

Ron Walden (29)
Would love to hear about which schools are upgrading there fleets this year, more specifically there 1st VIII vessels. I hear shore may be getting an Empacher and leaving there long lasting relationship with Hudson , would love to find out!

-wisemaan
Cerise Empacher rumours are real. Should be seen soon on the course. SL should go to the 2nd Eight. Shore Empacher rumours are swirling, but I believe they are not going to follow through because they are unreliable with delivery. King's are gaining another new Filippi to replace the broken one, Scots, Newington sticking with Hudsons, SBHS in a Swift, Grammar in their Filippi.

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Cerise Empacher rumours are real. Should be seen soon on the course. SL should go to the 2nd Eight. Shore Empacher rumours are swirling, but I believe they are not going to follow through because they are unreliable with delivery. King's are gaining another new Filippi to replace the broken one, Scots, Newington sticking with Hudsons, SBHS in a Swift, Grammar in their Filippi.

Ah, the rumours of the Cerise Empacher cometh to fruition, soon to grace the course with its presence SL may find wisdom in bestowing their vessel upon the second Eight. As for Shore, whispers of Empacher swirl, yet their reliability with delivery remaineth suspect.
King's, in their pursuit of renewal, gain another Filippi to mend their fleet. Scots and Newington remain steadfast in their loyalty to Hudsons, whilst SBHS shall sail forth in a Swift, and Grammar in their trusty Filippi.
And to @keith the bridgekeeper , mayhaps he shall witness these vessels pass beneath his watchful gaze, lest they stray too far from the river's embrace.

Yours in sporting jest , amidst the banter of the rowing forum.

-wisemaan

Bobcat54

Allen Oxlade (6)
I have heard that the Joeys boys 'will have to earn the right' to row the cerise Empacher. Not sure what earning the right entails but I guess they would be starting the season in the SL?

- Bobcat

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
I have heard that the Joeys boys 'will have to earn the right' to row the cerise Empacher. Not sure what earning the right entails but I guess they would be starting the season in the SL?

- Bobcat

Sounds about right!!

It sounds like there's quite a dynamic atmosphere surrounding the Joeys boys and their rowing endeavours! After their impressive display at HOTR, you'd think they'd want to ride that momentum into the new season and be rewarded for their efforts. However, it seems like there might be a push for them to prove themselves once again, to demonstrate why they deserve to row the cerise Empacher. Perhaps this extra challenge will be the motivation they need to reclaim the title, though it might require more time for the new crew to gel with the boat. Time indeed will reveal how it all unfolds!

Yours in sporting reason, A sane observer

-wisemaan

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
I have seen kings on the parramatta in their Filippi. Possibly first VIII, without the Huxley's coaching notably. Does anyone know the rules around rowing out of GPS sheds in the rugby season?
It's interesting to see Kings out on the Parramatta in their Filippi, potentially even their First VIII, especially without the guidance of the Huxleys' coaching. As for the rules around rowing out of GPS sheds during the rugby season, there might not be strict regulations governing this. If the crews are willing to put in the early work, it seems they're within their rights to do so, and if they prove themselves, they'll certainly deserve the recognition. It's intriguing to hear that the Shore boys are considering a similar approach, indicating a potential shift in training strategies within the GPS rowing community.

-wisemaan

Electorate 12

Bob McCowan (2)
It's interesting to see Kings out on the Parramatta in their Filippi, potentially even their First VIII, especially without the guidance of the Huxleys' coaching. As for the rules around rowing out of GPS sheds during the rugby season, there might not be strict regulations governing this. If the crews are willing to put in the early work, it seems they're within their rights to do so, and if they prove themselves, they'll certainly deserve the recognition. It's intriguing to hear that the Shore boys are considering a similar approach, indicating a potential shift in training strategies within the GPS rowing community.

-wisemaan
Very wise, I believe its key to put in the work but training now would surely take from a schools rugby initiatives, no?
Having almost year round training would make it more like St Paul's from the UK which would result in fast boats yet puts incredible pressure on the boys who are unable to enjoy and compete highly in their rugby seasons.

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Very wise, I believe its key to put in the work but training now would surely take from a schools rugby initiatives, no?
Having almost year round training would make it more like St Paul's from the UK which would result in fast boats yet puts incredible pressure on the boys who are unable to enjoy and compete highly in their rugby seasons.
Yes I agree, I'm not to sure about The Kings School but I am assuming the boys participating in all the off-season efforts are not indulging in rugby. Personally I thinka student in the AAGPS are given many opportunities and should be well rounded from rugby to rowing and should enjoy there winter season as much as summer however hear hear to them... I guess we will see if it pays off good luck to Kings in rugby...

-wisemaan

Morgan Freeman

Stan Wickham (3)

-wisemaan
Simon Huxley is currently coaching at SUBC.

EmpacherEnthusiast

Peter Burge (5)
As the Empacher enthusiast, I can confirm that these rumours are on the horizon. Shore has been very eager to gain a competitive advantage again after rowing in that tractor (Hudson) for the past (who knows how long) and it quite possibly has the capacity to elevate their chances being a HOTR contender. After strong performances from Galligan, Edgewards and the like, the Empacher can certainly put them over the line in the first position!
Will keep you all updated on Empacher models coming into the GPS, including Shore's.
Kind regards,
Empacher Enthusiast.

P.s Joeys pink cerise empacher looking magnificent!!!!! ;) Fixed, Lindommer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.