• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2018 Trial Match: Too Many Waratahs vs The Rebel Alliance @ Brookvale Oval

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I like that the Brumbies are causing pain in a Tahs thread! :)

Interested to see how a couple of Rebels injected in to a average ex-Force team will perform.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I like that the Brumbies are causing pain in a Tahs thread! :)

Interested to see how a couple of Rebels injected in to a average ex-Force team will perform.

Needs another smiley after the second line otherwise people will think you're trolling.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Needs another smiley after the second line otherwise people will think you're trolling.

No, NO! The second line was a serious question. The ex-Force team was good(ish) except for the backs. Now with the JD, Hodge , English, Naivalu and Maddocks I am curious about how much of a difference it will make.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
No, NO! The second line was a serious question. The ex-Force team was good(ish) except for the backs. Now with the JD, Hodge , English, Naivalu and Maddocks I am curious about how much of a difference it will make.

Still no 10, but with Genia directing from 9 they may be a better chance That said, the mighty Rebels should win this game by 50, clearly a side on the up against a struggling Tahs

Reactions: mst

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Still no 10, but with Genia directing from 9 they may be a better chance

Debrezcini, behind a good pack and with Genia/Ruru inside him will be a much better proposition than previously, they also have Tayler Adams who needs polish, but does have that certain something about him that makes a great 10, and young Jack McGregor will continue to develop.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)

I think his problem is that he's flat out counting past the ten Rebels he can manage on his fingers and has missed the full contingent. 16 Rebels in 2017, 10 Force, 2 from other provinces, 2 on their first contract.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I reckon Tahs will win it ugly. As with all matches like this, hope it's promising for both teams and that all players get through it without injury. Hopefully it's more promising for the Rebels but I think those new combinations and patterns will take a while to gel.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Nil all after First break.
Both sides look very rusty so far. Kellaway is playing rubbish.

Very humid and slippery.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
7 - 5 half time Tahs lead.

Rebels need to chance their hand a bit

Tahs need to hold onto the ball

Very hot/humid conditions leading to drop balls

Status
Not open for further replies.