• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2018 Super Rugby Final Cantabs vs Lions

who do you want to win?

• Cantabs

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • none of the above

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • prefer not to say

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • "Locking this pole up" - Cyclo

• who gives a shit

• Lions

• not a bad pole

• I've seen better

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
I remember from my school days that the surest way of keeping an unwanted nick name is to complain about it.:)

"Cantabs" doesn't bother me one bit, I use it frequently enough myself in relation to the M10 Cup etc but it's not accurate when discussing the Crusaders who are increasingly non-Cantab in composition.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That was a pretty good final. The Crusaders were outstanding.

I thought the Lions put in a pretty good shift though. I thought there was a chance they could have been absolutely demolished.

Angus Gardner had a cracking game as referee. The game flowed nicely and I couldn't see any howlers. That is surely a big tick on his CV now heading towards the 2019 RWC.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think everyone was pretty happy with Gus' reffing except the Lions fan on twitter listing his 'mistakes'.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
I think everyone was pretty happy with Gus' reffing except the Lions fan on twitter listing his 'mistakes'.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

What??? Fans of a losing team listing a ref's mistakes?? Geez thank christ it would never happen here!!

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
That was a pretty good final. The Crusaders were outstanding.

I thought the Lions put in a pretty good shift though. I thought there was a chance they could have been absolutely demolished.

Angus Gardner had a cracking game as referee. The game flowed nicely and I couldn't see any howlers. That is surely a big tick on his CV now heading towards the 2019 RWC.

Agree BH, though one suspects Gus probably doesn't need to many more ticks he certainly up there with top refs going around globally!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I thought Gardner was very tolerant with Jantjies barking at him incessantly. I'm not sure why some refs allow players who are not the Captain to get away with that.

Wilson

Phil Kearns (64)
Gardner keeps getting right in the big games. It's a real pity he won't be able to ref the world cup final.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Gardner keeps getting right in the big games. It's a real pity he won't be able to ref the world cup final.

Ok enlighten us Wilson, I assuming you are saying because the Wallabies are guaranteed of being there?

Wilson

Phil Kearns (64)
Ok enlighten us Wilson, I assuming you are saying because the Wallabies are guaranteed of being there?
Absolutely, tongue somewhat in cheek.

But we do have a reasonably clear course to the final. Will just be Ireland or South Africa to get past and hopefully they will have knocked the stuffing out of each other in the previous final. My money is on a rematch of the last world cup final when it's all said and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.