• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2014 IRB Junior World Championship – New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

In the next hit out don't be surprised that neither Scobie or Perry in the starting 22. Tevita Vea and Michael Gunn against the quality that is the next game.
Tom Robertson is a definite starter to make the english lads know that Australia are just a little serious about this.

I'm not even sure that Gunn is over there? Dempsey was on the bench today. Not a massive shame if he isn't, as he is still eligible next year.

T

tranquility

I think it was that bloke who broke his leg, so my guess would be Kellaway? Jonah is a good player though, he just didn't have a great day today.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I think it was that bloke who broke his leg, so my guess would be Kellaway? Jonah is a good player though, he just didn't have a great day today.

Jonny Vaux is the poor sod with the broken leg from the Barbars game.
Andrew Kellaway has played a lot of his footy as a 15, and would serve the team well there.

How come he is now being referred to as Andrew John Kellaway?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
In 2012 Jnr RWC in Safferland, we looked very impressive in our opening game against the Single Malts, but came undone against the Argies when the heavens opened, and it was a mudbath.

NZ is not known for extended dry periods in June. Can we execute a wet weather gameplan?

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
In 2012 Jnr RWC in Safferland, we looked very impressive in our opening game against the Single Malts, but came undone against the Argies when the heavens opened, and it was a mudbath.

NZ is not known for extended dry periods in June. Can we execute a wet weather gameplan?

I don't see why not. We were unlucky against Argentina in 2012 and undone by really poor selections and game tactics. A couple of things to tweak for the England game (Auckland weather report is for clouds but no rain) and we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

pstoe

Frank Nicholson (4)
I don't see why not. We were unlucky against Argentina in 2012 and undone by really poor selections and game tactics. A couple of things to tweak for the England game (Auckland weather report is for clouds but no rain) and we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Gone are the days when England hoped for rain at any level. Watching the games the other day, they have far more speed and skill out wide than us so it should probably be us that hope for the rain ! The Argies tried nothing out wide. If it does rain, we're going to need improvement in the maul.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Impressed with the Aussie scrum yesterday.

Scrums are a thing of beauty when your side is dominating the contest the way that our lads were yesterday, although I thought our loosehead was lucky not to get pinged for not packing straight. The Vunipola is strong in him.

Can't understand why anyone would want to remove them from the game, or stop the clock while they pack/reset, or force the undernourished yappy cheating runt halfbacks to feed the ball down the centreline, or do anything to change them from their current format, as practiced by the Junior Wallabies.
<slight tongue in cheek>

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Will Reserve judgement on O'Connor until I've seen Sa'aga come up against Rae in the Samoa v Scotland match.

Sa'aga has a year in him and he's getting U20 WC experience. As a prop that's huge.

Can't fault the Aus coaching stuff on that kind of selection and in fact they're probably benefit next year without even having to really do anything.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
That's great that Sa'aga is in the JWC also (I didn't know that).

Adrian Thompson said he was the best player of the Combined States tournament in Adelaide, and pipped opensider Rowan Perry, who was so good yesterday.

I don't know why they picked Rory O'Connor and Cameron Orr in front of him as the Aussie LHPs, but ROC has been a bit of a surprise package for me. And can he run, or what?

One year will make a big difference for Fereti, who is an U/19. Hopefully will be be in the gold jersey next year.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
That's great that Sa'aga is in the JWC also (I didn't know that).

Adrian Thompson said he was the best player of the Combined States tournament in Adelaide, and pipped opensider Rowan Perry, who was so good yesterday.

I don't know why they picked Rory O'Connor and Cameron Orr in front of him as the Aussie LHPs, but ROC has been a bit of a surprise package for me. And can he run, or what?

One year will make a big difference for Fereti, who is an U/19. Hopefully will be be in the gold jersey next year.

He got a last minute call from Samoa I believe.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Gone are the days when England hoped for rain at any level. Watching the games the other day, they have far more speed and skill out wide than us so it should probably be us that hope for the rain ! The Argies tried nothing out wide. If it does rain, we're going to need improvement in the maul.

We will have to be careful of the maul. We will also have to be careful with turnover ball. The England backs have some gas. I only watched the first half of England vs Italy, but I was pretty unimpressed by England's breakdown work.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
We will have to be careful of the maul. We will also have to be careful with turnover ball. The England backs have some gas. I only watched the first half of England vs Italy, but I was pretty unimpressed by England's breakdown work.

Well that first half was 23-3. The second half was 40-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.