• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 Ashes Part 2 - Down Under

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Good batting by car berry and Cook, very patient. We got better at the back end of the session an need to start this one the same way. Me need two or wickets this session.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
England just trying to occupy. Hard to see what it will achieve, the pitch will only get worse they need to score now.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
We came back well. Cracker of a catch from Johnson for the KP wicket. Look forward to seeing how it all unfolds tomorrow.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Really tough, tight cricket today. The good thing from our point of view was that even if the wickets weren't coming in a hurry we strangled the England batsmen. The fielding was generally good too. The first session in the morning will be important I feel. If we can prise out a couple more we're in with a big chance.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I don't get England. They are resigned to playing for a draw on day 2 on an excellent batting pitch where they could use the pace of Australia's bowlers to easily keep the runs up. They must be confident they can win the last 2 tests. I thought Cook was a decent captain but he is so reactionary and negative when under pressure. He will not be the man to lead England if, or when, they start struggling as Australia have over the last few years.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yeah they seemed to be playing for survival more than anything. I was a bit worried mid afternoon yesterday, but then this morning I thought about it again: they need a big total here to put the pressure back on us and they also need to lift the run rate to win. All we have to do is stay disciplined and not let the game get away like it did against the Saffers last year. At some point the pressure valve is going to give way and one team will dominate. I just hope it's us.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Half way through the test (and series for that matter) and aus are ahead its now or never for England. I think they would need to keep us below 200 to have a chance of saving this.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Super bowling by the boys today and reward for the discipline shown yesterday. They never gave the Poms a moments peace and I think that ball that Mitch landed on the crack will have rattled them a bit. Can't see the track getting any easier to bat on from this point.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just got home. I thought England would have still been batting. Must've been some wonderful bowling on a deteriorating pitch.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
The problem England may have is broad and swan both may struggle to bowl given they both wore the ball while batting

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Broad was out at the nets struggling to walk (& not for the first time - I kid, I kid). But seriously he looks crocked. That just makes things even worse for England given his bowling has been good.

Update: Broad off for Xrays (foot injury from Mitch Johnson delivery apparently).

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
If those cracks keep opening up I'd be reasonably confident with a lead of 300. They have only gotten there once and this pitch is harder to play than Adelaide.
As long as they can bat to this time tomorrow I think the lead will be irrelevant and England will just be looking to survive.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
The poms are on toast here. A missed stumping and a dropped catch, both easy chances. Aussies scoring at 4 runs p over and their a bowler down. And it's still only day 3. Another scorcher forecast for tomorrow. All hope is gone.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The WACA pitch is turning into a relief scale model of the Blue Mountains.

Some of those cracks are bigger than the Jameson Valley.

They will need crampons and safety ropes by Day 5 with this heat.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^^ well those cracks are more geographically significant that Sydney's own Mount Pritchard and Rooty Hill. Why not compere them to the beauty of the BM's?

I reckon by Day 5 the Westpac helicopter will be needed to recover a couple of ill prepared backpackers who have ended up hungry, dehydrated and disorientated in the base of the WACA Pitch canyons.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
They showed the cracks at the start of play and had a iPhone almost all the way into one of them but that was it the batting crease.

They also showed when Tony Greg dropped the key in a few years ago and how they could get it out and now its part of the waca pitch haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.