• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 3 Game 1 Australia vs South Africa - 8 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 3 Game 1 between SAF and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 52 64.2%
  • The Bokke – South Africa

Votes: 29 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Cant remember when last I felt so helpless watching my beloved Bokke plays rugby. Meyer is busy throwing everything down the drain is heading into a disaster with the mighty Springbok team. Cant see him changing the up and under ball chase gameplan and by the look our defense is busy going backwards aswell. With the pressure now on Deans and his Wallabies this one the Springbokkke will lose and by a large margin aswell. 49-0 is under pressure here. That is all.:(

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Cant remember when last I felt so helpless watching my beloved Bokke plays rugby. Meyer is busy throwing everything down the drain is heading into a disaster with the mighty Springbok team. Cant see him changing the up and under ball chase gameplan and by the look our defense is busy going backwards aswell. With the pressure now on Deans and his Wallabies this one the Springbokkke will lose and by a large margin aswell. 49-0 is under pressure here. That is all.:(
So bring back PDV?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Richo

John Thornett (49)

PB, I think a lot of us feel the same way... But about the Wallabies. Let's hope it's at least a good game and not a nil-nil draw!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
PB,

Good to see the Saffers are feeling miserable and betrayed by their coaching staff and the execution of the plan by the players.

I can tell you that there are many over here in this land that are feeling similar.
There is no reason why only the supporters of the Men is Gold should be miserable.

What are the chances of a 0-0 draw in Perth, with both sides working hard for and being very lucky to receive their 0 points?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
At least the Wallabies lost to the worlds best team in a honourable way. The boks cant even beat a second tier Puma team and was unbelievable lucky to scrape a draw. I am usually one positive rugby supporter but I can see us going backwards in the next two tests. meyer will name his touring sqaud today and it will be a surprise if he make the right selections. Myself cant see how he can pick players like Kirschner/Potgieter/JJ Engelbrecht. They will hardly make the Kings side. I also cant see him dropping M Steyn who has been poor all season. At least Snor was willing to make changes but not this guy, once he sleep with his love childs its all cast in stone, like his gameplan.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Paarl,

Sooooooo many parallels it is not funny.

Are you sure you are not a Chicken Runner from St Ives commenting on the Men in Gold?

And speaking of chickens, I'm not counting any until we have faced off against Los Pumas over there.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Can't understand why the boks dont pick lambie, juan de jongh and Kolisi.

Is brussow still injured?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Can't understand why the boks dont pick lambie, juan de jongh and Kolisi.

Is brussow still injured?
Ja Brussouw is still out. We need a fetcher flanker urgently and I'll take even Stegman at this stage. With Bismarck we can survive this but not without him. Meyer wants Coetzee to play the Burger role but our forwards dont clean out, all standing fancy in the backline and cant tackle for life. Hope to see Vermeulen or Josh Strauss at least. Kolisi is out for the season, injured himself on the weekend in the CC match.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
At least the Wallabies lost to the worlds best team in a honourable way. The boks cant even beat a second tier Puma team and was unbelievable lucky to scrape a draw. I am usually one positive rugby supporter but I can see us going backwards in the next two tests. meyer will name his touring sqaud today and it will be a surprise if he make the right selections. Myself cant see how he can pick players like Kirschner/Potgieter/JJ Engelbrecht. They will hardly make the Kings side. I also cant see him dropping M Steyn who has been poor all season. At least Snor was willing to make changes but not this guy, once he sleep with his love childs its all cast in stone, like his gameplan.

Can only imagine how upset Boks supporters would be after losses to Scotland x 2, Somoa and Ireland at the cup. You blokes take your rugby seriously.

Enjoy your trip down the rabbit hole. There's a lot of catching up you guys need to do yet.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Can only imagine how upset Boks supporters would be after losses to Scotland x 2, Somoa and Ireland at the cup. You blokes take your rugby seriously.

Enjoy your trip down the rabbit hole. There's a lot of catching up you guys need to do yet.

An indication of the Bokke supporter upsetness index is the relationship between Mr and Mrs Bokke and Referee Lawrence. Can't quite see the IRB, or SANZAR (or anyone) appointing him to a fixture in the Republic of Saffers anytime this century.

They also feel dudded from RWC11.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Ja Brussouw is still out. We need a fetcher flanker urgently and I'll take even Stegman at this stage. With Bismarck we can survive this but not without him. Meyer wants Coetzee to play the Burger role but our forwards dont clean out, all standing fancy in the backline and cant tackle for life. Hope to see Vermeulen or Josh Strauss at least. Kolisi is out for the season, injured himself on the weekend in the CC match.
It seems to me to be the biggest issue for both teams at the moment. The lack of focus on the breakdown is crazy. Why have a scrum coach for something that happens 10-15 times a game and not have someone who's sole focus is the breakdown? There are 80+ in most games and they set the platform for the rest of the teams play. 2 of the 3 top teams in the world can't do it right what hope is there for the game.
Also both teams should have had plenty of motivation for their games last weekend. If Aust win the stay 2nd in the world rankings. All SA had to do was win to become second in the world rankings. They both played like they wanted to be as far behind NZ as possible.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Many here like the idea of a big outside centre. I would be looking at Andrew Smith before Inman.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

Paarl whilst I completely agree with you please tell me what changes Snor made?

Anyway Vermeulen and Goosen are in the squad and there is a surprise recall for openside Francois Louw from Bath. I have no problem with that. Thank goodness it's not Stegman.

Juan de Jongh is recalled and I don't know what Kirchner is still doing there. We are stuck with Bekker and M Steyn as well.

Springbok squad – Willem Alberts, Andries Bekker, Craig Burden, Pat Cilliers, Marcell Coetzee, Juan de Jongh, Jean de Villiers (c), Jannie du Plessis, Eben Etzebeth, Johan Goosen, Dean Greyling, Bryan Habana, Francois Hougaard, Zane Kirchner, Juandré Kruger, Pat Lambie, Tiaan Liebenberg, Francois Louw, Tendai Mtawarira, Lwazi Mvovo, Ruan Pienaar, Jacques Potgieter, Frans Steyn, Morné Steyn, Adriaan Strauss, Flip van der Merwe, Jano Vermaak, Duane Vermeulen.

Out of this squad my starting 15 would be:

F Steyn, Hougaard, J de Jongh, JdV, Habana
Lambie, Pienaar
Vermeulen
Coetzee, Alberts
Kruger, Etsebeth
Cilliers, Strauss, Beast

Louw plays off the bench.

But I am bloody dreaming. It's going to be exactly the same team.

Status
Not open for further replies.