• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Game 2 New Zealand vs Australia - 25 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
The lineout had gone backwards from Sydney from the start. I don't blame Moore exclusively. But he was down last night on his ussual form and I'm confused by the man love he is getting. Not comparing him to anyone, he didn't do his job to the standard he is capable of.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Can we now call Barnes at 12 a failure? He seems to pull up before hitting the defence.

I think it is unfair to call anyone a failure based on last night. The team failed and that failure was dictated by the opposition.

At some point we have to pick a 12 and stay with it. If every failure means the 12 goes. Then we pretty much only have tom carter left to play.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I think he is better at 12 than 10. He would go alright at 15 if he could take a high ball but I dont think I've ever seen him do it.

He played his best rugby in 2009 though. Wouldn't have him in the 22 for the next game unless we have horrible injuries.

Agent

Billy Sheehan (19)
Worst Australian performance last night was from Phil Kearns.

Marto was second worst.

Seriously the Foxtel Team performance was awful and cringeworthy.

To be considered to have a performance worse than that from the Men in Gold takes some doing, but Foxtel team achieved that distinction.

I think we have bigger issues than what our commentators are saying! If you don't like what they are saying the solution is a mute button.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think it is unfair to call anyone a failure based on last night. The team failed and that failure was dictated by the opposition.

At some point we have to pick a 12 and stay with it. If every failure means the 12 goes. Then we pretty much only have tom carter left to play.
I could live with that, wj, and if anyone with access to ABC IView wants to see why they should have a look at yesterday's game between Sydney Uni and Manly. They would also see the emerging Wallabies No. 13 in Mitch Inman. With a coach that understands how to use them they are a devastating combination.

Agent

Billy Sheehan (19)
By the way fellas, what should I eat with my words about Timani, I have bagged him after he got named in team, but thought in last couple of weeks has been one of wallabies best, and looks an international player of quality.

Lots of tomato sauce with humble pie!

M

Muttonbird

Timani is good. Hope he remains consistant at this level. The find of the season for the Wallabies I think (as long as he keeps it up).

Moore is always good. Quality player. Don't know why they start with Pilates-Now who tries way too hard to stamp his mark on oppostion players to the detriment of both himself and the team. ABs just shrug that crap off anyway.

Beale is fat. Needs to go away and look at himself.

QC (Quade Cooper) will never be the same.

Mitchell will be back. Two-dads is always good in the Moore vein. Kanye West is a decent player too, but then he is a Kiwi.:D

Agent

Billy Sheehan (19)
When is Pat McCabe back? As much as people like to shoot him down at least he provides some defensive mongrel in the midfield and will hit the line hard in attack.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
I could live with that, wj, and if anyone with access to ABC IView wants to see why they should have a look at yesterday's game between Sydney Uni and Manly. They would also see the emerging Wallabies No. 13 in Mitch Inman. With a coach that understands how to use them they are a devastating combination.

No offence but I doubt the ABs would be having many sleepless nights worrying about that combination, Bruce.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
No offence but I doubt the ABs would be having many sleepless nights worrying about that combination, Bruce.
I think you might have a different opinion of your man Inman when you see him next season, Epi.

And as for the other bloke I am reliably informed that an ex-All Blacks coach expressed a very high opinion of him after watching him play the previous week. How many sleepless nights do you think the All Blacks have had about any of our centre combinations in recent years?

T

TOCC

I think Inman is a very good proposition 'potentially', I was hoping he would hit his straps this year for the Rebels...

He is exactly the type of player we need at 13... He just isn't quite test quality yet

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
All I see page after page of attacks of players, criticizing them for playing to the base level plans that Deans puts out there. Given the base structures that Deans puts in place how the hell can we expect players to perform to their best when they are struggling around as individuals in a group. They are not functioning as a team.

So many here called for massive changes after last week. Well you got them, in base plan and selections. How did the selections this week match up with the plan. As has been said in the interviews the plan was to play territory, so I ask how the F^&% were the selections made in keeping with that plan?

The critique of the players is not a true representation of their abilities when they are trying to perform in a system which does not support their skill set or form a team around them. It is why I ceased doing my "Player Ratings" threads after each game, as I came to realise that so many good players were being tainted and discarded by Deans and Co. because they couldn't perform without some semblance of structure.

The only exception to this rule is those players who have been selected out of form and unfit, but again they shouldn't be in that position in the first place so put the blame where it should lie.
I seriously wonder whether the players have any confidence in the plans coming from the brains trust either. Interesting that they were so quick to spill on what they were trying/ had been told to do. Like the World Cup why spend 3 years developing players who can run the ball (Cooper, JOC (James O'Connor), Beale, Ioane) then play an up and under focussed game plan when none of our players can regather. Can't pick these players and then come up with plans that focus on the weakest parts of their games.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
In addition to losing a bit of weight, Beale also needs to work on his long kicking game. When you play roaming wingers your fullback has to have a kicking game.

Tigger

Peter Burge (5)
Hey All
First post. Congrats to the ABs. Thoroughly deserved. Shame Aust rugby has come to this. On a more positive note I was just reading an article by David Long on stuff.co.nz and I quote this gem...:The Wallabies' next test in the Rugby Championship is against the Wallabies in a fortnight and Cooper says they won't have any problem bouncing back from this defeat."
Looks like were pretty confident we can beat ourselves so maybe we won't finish last in the RC....
T

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
IMHO i really enjoyed the approach of the Wobs, great to see some real starch in their D and the piggies actually having a go...

Personally, if the backline had atleast matched the piggies effort it would have been interesting..

My thoughts regarding a near Tahs backline came home to roost... unflattering & too polite... why it didn't work: QC (Quade Cooper) & Barnes as both playing 10 & Horne playing 13 (virtually invisible all nite) and only AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) & Ioane making an impact if any... so missing atleast one centre with grunt... the Wob need ball crashing, line denting, tackle shredding ball carrier (not the in AFaainga mould - rather Mortlock) so either AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) or Ioane in 13 to offset the 2 tens - and if you do little chip-kicks behind (i thought was the best option for Wob light and agile backline) have some real toe to back it up as Ioane, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Mitchell are brute & strong but quick... i mean pure pace....

I hope the pursue this line of game as it will pay dividends... but not if you chop and change like the wind....

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Welcome Tigger. We have a new quiz for first-time posters. Please choose one:

(a) Deans is the man, stick with him;
(b) Deans has brought in some new talent but hasn't got the game plan quite right;
(c) Deans is struggling with the Australian rugby culture but it's certainly not all his fault; or
(d) the correct answer

Status
Not open for further replies.