• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2011 Rnd 1 Reds v Force

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

im thinking a 5:2 split on the bench with these backs:

21. Lucas
22. Harris

Essentially with these two backs on the bench, and flexibility with Hynes and Ioane, all the positions in the backline are covered.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
great news for Hynes, as a non Red supporter am hoping he has a big year & can stay injury free. I think the Reds back 3 will be awesome if they stay fit.

Aussie D

Desmond Connor (43)
IMHO the Reds need a second playmaker at 15 to take some of the attention away from Quade. Worked a treat in the final game last year as well as with the Wallabies when paired with Gilbert.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah, I think if too much attention is played to Quade, that's where Sanchez comes into his own.

I also suspect we'll see a lot more of Will Chambers' ball work this year too.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
IMHO the Reds need a second playmaker at 15 to take some of the attention away from Quade. Worked a treat in the final game last year as well as with the Wallabies when paired with Gilbert.

Nothing really wrong with their attack as it was. Best attacking team in the comp last year from my remember.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
True, apart from the Bulls, Crusaders, Waratahs and Blues they were the top point scorers.

Well most linebreaks at least the Bulls & Tahs would have kicked 3/4 of their points anyway.

T

TheTruth

My 22 after watching the game in Darwin:

1. Daley
2. Fainga'a
3. Slipper
4. Van
5. Horwill
6. Higgerz
7. Quirk
8. Houston
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Ioane
12. A. Fainga'a
13. Chambers
14. Davies
15. Hynes (heard he had family matters to attend to otherwise would've playe in Darwin)

16. Hanson
17. Holmes
18. Simmo
19. Schatz
20. Lucas
21. Harris
22. Toua

Pretty similar to what everyone else is posting but from what I've heard about the 2 trials toua has been playing better than morahan and in my opinion the better fullback option if hynesy goes down during the game.

Holmes a big shot at 1 - supposedly based on performance (trials and training) but good looking side here - watch for Toua as well - question here is Does Link goe with tried and tested or give the young bloke his shot now (over the much more experienced Hynes)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I was really impressed with Holmes when he made it on the field in 2010. I really think he is a chance to push Daley for a starting spot and will allow Slipper to have a few games off the bench or be rested with Shep brought in.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
I see that Link has done away with the internal trial match intended for this weekend. Probably a good idea to avoid unneccessary injury before the opening round but does it mean he has a fairly settled idea on his game day 22?

It will be interesting to see which way he goes on a number of positions. Selecting the forward pack would be a headache. The idea of Holmes starting at 1. has appeal to me as it brings some experience to the starting front row and I thought he looked good in the Cairns trial. Daley off the bench might work. Openside is a real lottery. I reckon the experience of Robinson would be a massive plus. Gill would do the job, but Quirk offers more options if there are injuries. Samo likewise, offers versatility off the bench but who do you leave out...Van, Simmo?Where does Higgers play, 6 or 8? If the latter, then does Leroy miss out?

Backline is clearer with most in agreement on 9. Genia 10. Cooper 11. Ioane 12. Fainga'a 13. Chambers 14. Davies 15. Hynes.

As for the bench.... could be anyone couldn't it?

Do our Ballymore spies (Reg and Mr Timms) have any crumbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.