• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

World Rugby Rankings - spoiler alert

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Wasn’t sure where I could post this without spoiling things for those who want to catch up on some overnight games. So, thought a dedicated thread on the topic could be worthwhile.

Check this out!

B7E69E0D-0CDE-4314-B844-DC747C511D2B.png

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The way the ranking calculations work, it's double points for an away win. So for Australia and NZ to stay static to where they were before the series started, both now must win the final game. Speaking generally, to get a points advantage out of the series you have to win all 3.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
France get to have the easiest series out of everyone in Japan and go top.
Frogs were behind for the entire match yesterday. Didnt pip them till the last couple of minutes

LOL@Charles Piutau and Izzy Folau. Down there battling with Spain. MORANS.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
The way the ranking calculations work, it's double points for an away win. So for Australia and NZ to stay static to where they were before the series started, both now must win the final game. Speaking generally, to get a points advantage out of the series you have to win all 3.
Bigger impact is the difference between the teams. The Wales win has caused the most commotion

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
The Argentina/Scotland one confuses me too - firstly the largest movement is capped at +/- 2.00, they are both 2.01. Secondly, the teams were ranked 7th and 8th respectively, so regardless of the 15 point threshold I’m not sure why the result would deserve the maximum fluctuation (c.f. the Wales v SAF result which clearly does deserve it).

Mind you, these aren’t the official moves, but I’ve never seen this site be wrong.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Confirmed:

1. France (89.41 - up from third)
2. Ireland (88.79 - up from fourth)
3. South Africa (88.61 - down from first)
4. New Zealand(88.17 - down from second)
5. England (85.14 - up from sixth)
6. Australia (83.28 - down from fifth)
7. Scotland (82.99 - up from eighth)
8. Wales (81.28 - up from ninth)
9. Argentina (79.39 - down from seventh)
10. Japan (77.74 - maintained position)

First time at No.1 for France & NZ's lowest-ever ranking.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

It's not quite. If teams were equal on ranking points heading into a match, the home team can get 7/13 of the points the away team can get for the reverse result. For a match decided by 1-15 points, the +/- of the movement between the home and away winner will add to 2 and if they were level on points the home team winning moves ranking points by 0.70 and the away team winning moves it by 1.30.

The Argentina/Scotland one confuses me too - firstly the largest movement is capped at +/- 2.00, they are both 2.01. Secondly, the teams were ranked 7th and 8th respectively, so regardless of the 15 point threshold I’m not sure why the result would deserve the maximum fluctuation (c.f. the Wales v SAF result which clearly does deserve it).

Mind you, these aren’t the official moves, but I’ve never seen this site be wrong.

1-15 is capped at 2.00. 16+ is capped at 3.00.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
It's not quite. If teams were equal on ranking points heading into a match, the home team can get 7/13 of the points the away team can get for the reverse result. For a match decided by 1-15 points, the +/- of the movement between the home and away winner will add to 2 and if they were level on points the home team winning moves ranking points by 0.70 and the away team winning moves it by 1.30.

1-15 is capped at 2.00. 16+ is capped at 3.00.

Well done BH! The details are involved and I was taking a rubbed down view.