• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force V Reds 5th July

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

There was a part of me that didn't want the Reds to play the spoiler. That part of me is dead now.

Reds to hand the Force their second rugby lesson in a fortnight and finish the season above them on the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have to keep this thread interesting. Shots officially fired ;)

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Force by 5 then off to Canberra to grind one out against the Horsies to make our maiden final berth.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Hopefully the force should have Morahan and Cummins back this week, which will provide some much needed attacking power out wide. The team I'd like to see start is (maybe too many changes, but it was a really shocking performance last week)

1. Cowan
2. Charles
3. Longbottom
4. Steenkamp
5. MMM
6. Stander
7. Hodgo
8. McCalman
9. Alby
10. Holmes
11. Cummins
12. Burton
13. DHP
14. Morahan
15. Hayward

16. Tessmann
17. Faulkner
18. Hoskins
19. Wykes
20. Alcock
21. Prior
22. CTM
23. Rasolea / Brache

Tempting to drop Hayward to the bench becasue he has been a bit lacklustre of late and DHP or Morahan could play fullback with Junior, Brache or CTM playing 13.

Think Wykes offers better value than MMM. Plays his heart out every game.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Think Wykes offers better value than MMM. Plays his heart out every game.

Wykes is always criticised but he calls the Force lineout and has been better this season than most people give him credit for.

If he's healthy I think he's first lock picked for the Force each week.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
There was a part of me that didn't want the Reds to play the spoiler. That part of me is dead now.

Reds to hand the Force their second rugby lesson in a fortnight and finish the season above them on the table.

Nasty little hobbitses, aren't you?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Nasty little hobbitses, aren't you?

You betcha. I have no idea what's going to happen next week. I know in my brain parts that the Tahs topping the table is the best thing, but well, I'm not sure my DNA allows me to be happy for them ever beating the Reds. One game at a time but. First we need to smoke Moono's boys and we can deal with your lot next week. ;)

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'd agree. I'm not really disappointed he's leaving to go back to Japan. Coleman makes a good replacement as a lock. We really need to look at bringing some guys back though. What I would give to have Peter Kimlin in Perth. The biggest weakness of the Force is the lack of power in the second and backrows. We will always be vulnerable to the big boppers.

I think our resolve will be hardened from the Blues game. It could be a close one, but you guys owe us a victory after the last gasp win in 2011.

caymantim

Herbert Moran (7)
I believe part of JOCS Reds contract stipulates that the Reds must lose their final two games so that he can appear more 'saviour like' for his return in 2015. Sweet..we've got this one!

True, I think that clause was at the end of the Brand Value commitment the Reds are required to uphold...

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'd agree. I'm not really disappointed he's leaving to go back to Japan. Coleman makes a good replacement as a lock. We really need to look at bringing some guys back though. What I would give to have Peter Kimlin in Perth. The biggest weakness of the Force is the lack of power in the second and backrows. We will always be vulnerable to the big boppers.

I think our resolve will be hardened from the Blues game. It could be a close one, but you guys owe us a victory after the last gasp win in 2011.

There have been too many losses to the Force from the Reds since 2011, the debt has been well & truly paid.
This is now all about revenge.
We are coming after you, and we're after not just a victory, but a big victory:mad:

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
this game is shaping as a fascinating contest - funny that a month ago I had no interest in seeing this game (which I suspected was a foregone conclusion). How the tables have turned.

I honestly would be shocked if the Force won this one. The Force were just horrible last week and the Reds looked very strong. Im not so sure the Force can turn things around in time.

...Reds by 10 - setting up a massive battle at Suncorp stadium next week as the in form Reds look to derail the Tahs final chances.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
^^I agree that last week the force were horrible and the reds good but don't kid yourself the force played a Blues team staked with All Black, and the players not involved with the all blacks won the Singapore 10s so had game time under their belt something the force didn't and it showed in the first 20.

The reds on the other hand beat the rebels.......no offence to them but they have struggled this year.

Whilst its disappointing as a force fan the way they played on the weekend I expect them to put the reds to the sword this weekend at there last home game just like they have done to the reds for the last few years.

Saying that I still feel the force are underdogs for this match ;)

T

Train Without a Station

Didn't struggle to beat the Force second time around though

Status
Not open for further replies.