• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sumon

Would be great to see Lachie McCaffrey enjoy an uninjured preseason/season as he has held so much promise, hopefully he gets chance to start as he is such an all-round skilled player. i would definetly use mccalman and mmm in the 2nd row, and interchange mccaffrey with cottrell, and brown & hodgson with alcock. it would be great to see them utilise this depth to avoid their injury curse.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Perhaps we're going the old Jacques Fouroux style and effectively playing five number eights in behind the front row. That would be kind of cool. I don't think we'll lack mongrel in the pack next year.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Perhaps we're going the old Jacques Fouroux style and effectively playing five number eights in behind the front row. That would be kind of cool. I don't think we'll lack mongrel in the pack next year.

I'm kind of excited about what Steve Meehan could do with the make up of our team. We've never really had a Force style. We have arguably the most mobile pack in the Australian conference (or at least a closely run race with the Reds). We also have a couple of big centres who have a lot of potential if their offloading talents are properly harnessed. That suits keeping the ball alive.

It would take a good few seasons to become competent at playing that kind of game, but win or lose it would be exciting it watch.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Preseason looks 'fun'.

I'm not sure if they have but you'd say the Force would be silly to not give Ryan Tyrell (who's gone home and is apparently uncontracted) an unpaid training position on the basis of potential injury.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Pre-season training must suck in Perth during December and January.

The players must spend their time hanging out for the gym sessions indoors with air-con.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Pre-season training must suck in Perth during December and January.

The players must spend their time hanging out for the gym sessions indoors with air-con.
Its not that bad ATM but if will be by years end.

Snowden tweeted yesterday he had his first spew after yesterdays session...welcome to super rugby.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
Its not that bad ATM but if will be by years end.

Snowden tweeted yesterday he had his first spew after yesterdays session.welcome to super rugby.

Perth's summer weather is for softies. Sure it's hot but it's a dry heat. If they really wanted to whip them into shape they should run them around during a Pilbara wet season where is easily just as hot a Perth but with about 1000% humidity all day every day. Okay, perhaps the 1000% was a slight exaggeration but by Christ it's humid up there this time of year.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Perth's summer weather is for softies. Sure it's hot but it's a dry heat. If they really wanted to whip them into shape they should run them around during a Pilbara wet season where is easily just as hot a Perth but with about 1000% humidity all day every day. Okay, perhaps the 1000% was a slight exaggeration but by Christ it's humid up there this time of year.

Pilbara mob are soft. Come to the Kimberley.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Look like the last spot in the 30 man squad will go to Jayden Hayward.

Taranaki counting losses, as key players leave

Jayden Hayward's immediate rugby future lies across the ditch, with the Taranaki stalwart signing a two-year contract with the Force.

While Hayward would not discuss the subject yesterday, it is believed he sought a release from his New Zealand Rugby Union contract several weeks ago.

That was granted, despite the 25-year-old having another year to run on his contract with the Hurricanes. The decision means he will not return for Taranaki in the NPC.

It is believed Hayward, who has made 59 consecutive appearances for Taranaki, will take a pay cut just to play regular Super Rugby.

Read More: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/provincial/7865826/Taranaki-counting-losses-as-key-players-leave
Looks like we have our ball playing 12. anyone know much about him?

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
With that signing what will our starting team look like?

Longbum
Charles
Ma'afu
Lynn
Wykes
MMM
Hodgson
McCalman
Matheson
Ebersohn
Cummins
Hayward
Tupou
Mafi
SKN

Whittaker
Cowen
Battye
Brown
Sheehan
Godwin
Dellit

W

Waylon

The team is coming together pretty well. The coaching staff are good. CEO fell on his sword

I fear we are still lacking some genuine pace and try scoring ability in the backs however....but it looks a hell of a lot better than 2012

MMM will bring some mongrel (if he can stay on the park). He might bring the best out of Brown too.

A great backrow. Lock looks thin to me. Wykes does not impress me

There is real depth on the bench to give the team a second wind and keep the starting XV honest

2013.........lets get it on. I farking hate cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.