• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2025

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Might not be all bad for Coleman, there's every chance the Crusaders will be looking for a new coach at the end of the season and Coleman clearly beats their current guy in what is a pretty direct and clear comparison.

Tazzmania

Tom Lawton (22)
Amazingly on Thursday Hoiles resigned from Randwick coaching gig ........

EXCLUSIVE: Randwick coach Stephen Hoiles to stand down at season's end, in no rush for Waratahs job

Read More

Agent

Alfred Walker (16)
At least they've now "officially" commenced the search for a new head coach. Will wonder if they get past the Daceyville carpark.

I think the Tahs really should go after Cheika (beg and plead!) He is obviously a quality coach, who can build a team culture, and develop a team. He is Sydney based and has an excellent understanding of how NSW rugby ticks. It is only a matter of time until he jets off the another gig somewhere around the world so why not keep home on home base!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Genuine question, are the Tahs waiting to pick over the bones of Rebels, player and coaches etc? I am gobsmacked how poorly they gone the last few years. Crusaders have been poor this year, but would expect them to rebound somehwat better than Tahs have. Not living there anymore it's hard to get any feeling of what the problem or answer is.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Amazingly on Thursday Hoiles resigned from Randwick coaching gig ........

EXCLUSIVE: Randwick coach Stephen Hoiles to stand down at season's end, in no rush for Waratahs job

Read More
Randwick lose a few. I’m out.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see him take and assistant job somewhere. I don’t dislike him as a coach, indifferent at this point of his career.

I hope all the Tahs assistants are gone as well. An experienced coach if they can get one will hopefully come with some team or targets.

Blazing Saddles

Sydney Middleton (9)
Randwick lose a few. I’m out.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see him take and assistant job somewhere. I don’t dislike him as a coach, indifferent at this point of his career.

I hope all the Tahs assistants are gone as well. An experienced coach if they can get one will hopefully come with some team or targets.
Agree re the assistants and hopefully they look further than the eastern suburbs to replace the coach and support staff,Hoiles or Cheika are not the answer,it just continues the culture

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Right now I’d take Cheika as a culture shock and have a plan for 2 years away wether that be someone like Peter Hewat.

I really hope we don’t just get the guy in the chair next to DC. Nothing against Gilmore but he’s part of this stink.

I’m sure Nathan Greys name will get thrown out there.

Blazing Saddles

Sydney Middleton (9)
Right now I’d take Cheika as a culture shock and have a plan for 2 years away wether that be someone like Peter Hewat.

I really hope we don’t just get the guy in the chair next to DC. Nothing against Gilmore but he’s part of this stink.

I’m sure Nathan Greys name will get thrown out there.
Brad Thorn?

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
The head coach is definitely not the biggest problem the Waratahs have. Yes, DC had to go after this season, but I hope this review and changes go much deeper than head coach and assistants.