• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v USA Eagles, 5th September, Soldier Field, Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think it's fair to say that Phipps-Foley-Gateau is not going to win us a World Cup if they continue to play like that............

Most of our issues stemmed from our inside backs today..............

Too deep...... crap passing....... worse kicking........... poor decision making.............

That also extends to Genia and Cooper at the end there.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah just a shitload of linebreaks, 6 kicks from 7 (missing one from the sideline), and setting up multiple tries. A few mistakes, but if we're firing everyone on that, let's fuck off Genia and Cooper for shocking kicks.
If he can keep goal kicking like that, he has fist choice sown up for that alone.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Genia-Foley-To'omua. The fact that Cooper didn't get a run at 10 with either Genia at 9 or Giteau at 12 is the best indicator of this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The general play kicking was poor from everyone who kicked today.

Thankfully Foley had a good night off the tee. It looks like he'll be the 10 against Fiji and England.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Genia-Foley-To'omua. The fact that Cooper didn't get a run at 10 with either Genia at 9 or Giteau at 12 is the best indicator of this.

We definitely can't be going into the big matches with Foley/Giteau, Cooper/Giteau or Foley/Cooper...........

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Although I wonder if Beale is a smokey for 12. The outside backs were given a heap of room when he moved there.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
HAHA STUPID AUSTRALIANS WE JUST SCORED A GOAL ON YOU GAY KANGAROOS GET REKT WERE COMING BACK AND WERE GONNA WIN THE RUGBY WORLD CUP JUST LIKE WE BEAT YOU GUYS IN WW2
7J1vmkT.jpg

That's awesome. Good to see the rumours about the state of the American educational system are true. At least the part dealing with World War 2 and who the fucking allies were.

Do the dinosaurs symbolise the wide held belief in the US that they walked with man and were on the Ark?

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Hasn't let a try in yet through awful defence. Still better.

Cliff Palu was the main culprit in the Eagles' line break leading to the try and then KB (Kurtley Beale) looked like he wanted to run away from the ball carrier. At least Tomane came back and made the last tackle.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Although I wonder if Beale is a smokey for 12. The outside backs were given a heap of room when he moved there.

Beale finished the game quite well, so he'll likely continue being an impact player off the bench..............

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I think it's fair to say that Phipps-Foley-Gateau is not going to win us a World Cup if they continue to play like that....

Most of our issues stemmed from our inside backs today......

Too deep.. crap passing... worse kicking..... poor decision making.....

That also extends to Genia and Cooper at the end there.

Genia looks a lot better when he doesn't kick. As Kafer said in commentary, it's as if Genia's kicks are predetermined, with little thought as to other options. It's a pity, as he's probably ahead of Phipps at the moment, but we don't want to return to the days of the aimless kicks. Against a half-decent team those kicks could cost us.

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
Based on all we have seen this year (albeit limited minutes for Genia) a Genia-Foley pairing must the starting halves combination for the World Cup. Has to be.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Genia looks a lot better when he doesn't kick. As Kafer said in commentary, it's as if Genia's kicks are predetermined, with little thought as to other options. It's a pity, as he's probably ahead of Phipps at the moment, but we don't want to return to the days of the aimless kicks. Against a half-decent team those kicks could cost us.

Both Genia and Phipps were guilty of that today...........

Phipps did a box kick, that went out on the full, but his winger was in the ruck and there was no one else there to chase................

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
No interstate bias coming in at all, but really Phipps and Foley have been the worst on ground, with Giteau not far behind. The three of them have been much too slow in everything they've done. Phipps caught at the back of the ruck or beaten to the ball on a number of occasions, and some of his passing has been as awful as usual. Foley playing too deep again but still being caught by the rush defense. Ditto Giteau and his hands have been below par - lost the ball on at least two, maybe more, occasions. USA rush defense has put pressure on each of Phipps, Foley and Giteau and they haven't been able to handle it so far.
Which Brumbies would you pick then?

Reactions: gel

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Beale finished the game quite well, so he'll likely continue being an impact player off the bench......
I would tend to agree with that however I'd now say that the biggest question mark for our best side is the 12 jersey. No one has owned it this season so far.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Cliff Palu was the main culprit in the Eagles' line break leading to the try and then KB (Kurtley Beale) looked like he wanted to run away from the ball carrier. At least Tomane came back and made the last tackle.

Tomane did, after he misread the defence initially. That was a defensive structure shambles in that try from several players.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
The box kick when you have attacking momentum has to be one of the stupidest tactics in rugby. Genia should be banned from doing them except in emergency situations near our own line. He's never been good at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.