• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Putting all athleticism arguments aside, having an extremely fresh, raw and learning young player in the squad will mean you need to surround them with experience to help guide their development.

Len is an excellent option on the outside to help keep a consistent voice in the defensive line.

But inside of suialia we are going to struggle. Gordon and Tate will be fine one position over but I can see the struggle our 10's are having not helping Suialia's development.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Putting all athleticism arguments aside, having an extremely fresh, raw and learning young player in the squad will mean you need to surround them with experience to help guide their development.

Len is an excellent option on the outside to help keep a consistent voice in the defensive line.

But inside of suialia we are going to struggle. Gordon and Tate will be fine one position over but I can see the struggle our 10's are having not helping Suialia's development.
This really highlights the issue with Lolesio.

He is 24 now, almost 25 has 25 tests and 5/6 yrs as a super rugby player but as still don’t feel he is experienced enough to be a guiding hand to those around him.

Not saying you’re wrong BTW.

Proud Pig

Tom Lawton (22)
I don't think moving Len to 12 is a sensible idea at all. He plays well at 13 because he is a really strong lateral mover with quick feet and good hands. Move him to 12 and you negate his quick feet because he has less room to work in. That is why 12s traditionally are either crash ball types who run hard and straight or a second 10 type. Len is neither of those he is an elusive runner, who covers good ground in defense and can feed his winger when needed. He is pretty much the archetypal 13 and should remain there.

The problem we have in halves and center combinations is that if you are going to play a straight running 12 you need a creative 10 as he is required to be the playmaker. Noah is game manager, he is steady and balanced, he is not a playmaker so he doesn't supply the creativity that the backs need. Donaldson is more creative but still not a real flair player. Playing Hunter outside either one of them means we lack any real surprise factor and as such the rush defense works really well against us as we don't have anyone who can throw that killer pass that breaks the line. I do think it is Schmidt's selections that are the issue however I don't blame him as I think he is playing with simply what he has available.