• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Video: Judiciary looks into Rhodes collar and Deysel throttle

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Piutau got off? Find that hard to believe. I thought retaliation was not an argument? He got him with a couple of solid punches in the head.

S

StonerJack

You would have to think that Deysel will get a harsher ban because he went on with the hold where Rhodes let go almost immediately so 8 weeks would be fair.

I personally think its a bit rich for the judiciary to condone the action taken by Piutau after he admitted guilt. I think they should have given him a week off because while punching him in the head is what most people would do in that situation, it is still a sanctionable offense and should have been dealt with accordingly.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Piutau should've got a suspension. The first punch was justified but he had a second go.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Piutau got off? Find that hard to believe. I thought retaliation was not an argument? He got him with a couple of solid punches in the head.

Justice there. Also think Diesel deserve a few weeks. Carter could have died or looked like one going to die.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Just have to say that the Carter chokehold has to be one of the most disgusting things I've seen a rugby player do (on the field). Anyone coaching this sort of thing (and I have to say I don't think the exteme he took it to has been coached) is a blight on the game.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Just a guess, but I suspect Scotty loved the punch that Piutau threw - quick justice, I loved that too.
I love it to, problem is if it was Bakkies doing it to Cooper, he wont have liked it. Mind you no one will try that grip on Bakkies anyway. Cut both ways.

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
I love it to, problem is if it was Bakkies doing it to Cooper, he wont have liked it. Mind you no one will try that grip on Bakkies anyway. Cut both ways.

You're stretching your argument to ridiculous lengths here (by picking close to the most unlikely scenario possible) but to play along, I think if Cooper did do such a strangle throw on Botha and Botha retaliated the same, many of us would still see it as totally justified.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
You're stretching your argument to ridiculous lengths here (by picking close to the most unlikely scenario possible) but to play along, I think if Cooper did do such a strangle throw on Botha and Botha retaliated the same, many of us would still see it as totally justified.

OK I'll bookmark this one in my memory bank. Thought rugby rules is about not retaliating in any means. Pretty sure the Kiwis made one big one out of Brain ODriscoll "could have died" incident back in the Lions tour, now they all jump up and down about justifying about this incident. Vokken strange lot if you ask me. Rules are rules and this one is ment to be broken in the future.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
OK I'll bookmark this one in my memory bank. Thought rugby rules is about not retaliating in any means. Pretty sure the Kiwis made one big one out of Brain ODriscoll "could have died" incident back in the Lions tour, now they all jump up and down about justifying about this incident. Vokken strange lot if you ask me. Rules are rules and this one is ment to be broken in the future.

What's with painting "all" with the same brush Paarl?

Very surprised Piutau didn't get a week or two ban given he striked twice.

The explanation by the judiciary didn't seem unreasonable but there will be team lawyers noting this as a precedent

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
What's with painting "all" with the same brush Paarl?

Very surprised Piutau didn't get a week or two ban given he striked twice.

The explanation by the judiciary didn't seem unreasonable but there will be team lawyers noting this as a precedent
Nah was meaning if you do agree with throwing punches and retaliation , you have to accept when on the receiving end of this same thing. I sure dont agree with what Rhodes did but also not with the Kiwi retaliation throwing punches.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I agree with the kiwi throwing the punch, but also feel he should have got a 1 week citation for it.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
2 WEEKS :eek: Lack of consistency much...

JEAN DEYSEL JUDICIAL HEARING

Sharks flank Jean Deysel has been suspended for two weeks after being found guilty of foul play by a SANZAR Judicial Hearing held in Durban on Tuesday.

Deysel was cited for a dangerous tackle on Waratahs centre Tom Carter during a Super Rugby match last Saturday. He received a yellow card for the offence.

SANZAR Judicial Officer Peter Ingwersen SC found Deysel guilty of contravening Foul Play Law 10.4 (e) for dangerous tackling of an opponent without the ball.

The Judicial officer concluded that this was a lower end offence and ruled that Deysel receive the minimum sanction of two weeks.

Ends

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Shock horror, one hearing in NZ and one SA. The different outcomes don't even really surprise me anymore.

T

Thomas

Agree with that - Carter should be rewarded for not retaliating.

I think the touchie standing over him had something to do with his reaction as he was getting a bit gee'd about it (Rightly so of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.