• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

The JOC (James O'Connor) Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Nathan Sharpe just said on the Rugby club that JOC (James O'Connor) was going to Japan (I take it by his laughing that that also was a joke).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
To run in the SMH today:

There was another twist in the James O'Connor contract saga last night when it emerged the Melbourne Rebels were close to securing a deal with the young star. It had been believed O'Connor would stay at the Western Force but sources indicated last night he would announce his decision to sign with the Victorian club today. O'Connor's contract negotiations have been more confusing than scrum-collapse interpretations; he was first linked with the Rebels, then the Brumbies, Reds, Force and now the Rebels again. If he moves to Melbourne, he would unite with good friend Kurtley Beale, but only on a one-year deal.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Oh FFS.
Im sick of this, just sign somewhere JOC (James O'Connor).

And the worst thing is we are going to go through it all again next year.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I think the journos can take some blame for this saga as well. Reporting he has signed (first to the Rebels, then to the Force) on obviously shaky 'inside' information. Maybe they should corroborate their story with a few more sources next time, because this is verging on irresponsible IMO.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
I don’t get why everyone is carrying on about this. I’m sure there are 100’s of similar cases going on with players in the background, it’s not JOC (James O'Connor)’s fault the media choose to continue to commentate and run with his. Why the attacks on JOC (James O'Connor) personally? Blame the media not JOC (James O'Connor). He and his management are entitled to take however long they need or want. If you’ve over reading about it, stop clicking on the links.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I think the journos can take some blame for this saga as well. Reporting he has signed (first to the Rebels, then to the Force) on obviously shaky 'inside' information. Maybe they should corroborate their story with a few more sources next time, because this is verging on irresponsible IMO.

Yes, true Barb, but the bulk of this whole manipulative charade that has now gone on for ludicrous amounts of time - and that surely must have been a major distraction/uncertainty/unsettling factor for the whole of the Force operation over this period - surely emanates from JO'C himself and/or his management group.

IMO, for the good of JO'C's (business) reputation and the stable team management and go-forward of the Force, JO'C's management should have determined to start and finish this entire process within, say, no more that 3-4 weeks which I would think is adequate to solicit and evaluate competing bids. Yet we are now at the very end of the S15 season and even today there is new speculation 'from sources' re JO'C's destination in 2012.

JO'C, mate, we love your outstanding skill and that wonderful smile, but you should know and do better in your franchise dealings.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
According to Fox Sports the Force have withdrawn from talks with JOC (James O'Connor)'s management...

Status
Not open for further replies.