• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tests not involving Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
How about Irelend. Are they a worry or what. Smashing the blocks 30 odd to 3. With our draws against the Boks and the Boks almost beating the all blacks.

Did anyone watch the game? Did the Boks have half of the team missing ?

They look after England big time as well. How's that early tackle.that wasn't early after the shoulder charge that wasn't a shoulder charge. And Stuart Barnes talking about a yellow card and penalty try untill he realised it wasn't early then goes yeh nah penalty is ok

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
England looked pretty average. Argentina could of won the game. Well to be honest they should of won the game. So many errors 5m out from their try line and missed penalty kicks.

England scored a try off a 3m forward pass as well. God knows how it wasn't clear and obvious. It was forward out of the hand and the player passing was running across field so it wasn't even like him being tackled and he threw it made it worse. Then it was caught a few meters forward of where the pass was thrown. Atrocious tmo

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Bundy aki playing for Irelend is a fucking joke.he comes from the other side of the world.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Bundy aki playing for Irelend is a fucking joke.he comes from the other side of the world.

Err bit rich you telling me nz and Australia not regularly raided Pacific Islander Born players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Err bit rich you telling me nz and Australia not regularly raided Pacific Islander Born players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ones that go to school here and live here ? We have always had islanders in Australia

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Ones that go to school here and live here ? We have always had islanders in Australia

Dude, you're on a slippery slope trying to argue this one. Kepu is a good example with regard to where he was schooled. More recent examples - Naiyaravoro, Naivalu, Speight and for example the upcoming Wallaby Naisarani. There are plenty of others.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Dude, you're on a slippery slope trying to argue this one. Kepu is a good example with regard to where he was schooled. More recent examples - Naiyaravoro, Naivalu, Speight and for example the upcoming Wallaby Naisarani. There are plenty of others.
It's up the road as well. Unlike across the world

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It's up the road as well. Unlike across the world

This is one of those where you dislike others doing it because it's a bit sad whilst willfully ignoring the fact that we do it. Players move from the Islands to Europe for a better life, just as they do to Aus man. It's no different. Geographical distance is irrelevant these days. It's the difference between an 8 hour flight and a 24 hour flight.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
This is one of those where you dislike others doing it because it's a bit sad whilst willfully ignoring the fact that we do it. Players move from the Islands to Europe for a better life, just as they do to Aus man. It's no different. Geographical distance is irrelevant these days. It's the difference between an 8 hour flight and a 24 hour flight.
I disagree. Australia have an important relationship with the islands.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Wales v NZRT
I thought that the Darkness would have more fire in their bellies after last weekend, but they just did enough.
Aaron Smith did a falcon. What's the go with his hair?
$BW made a few errors.
I thought that Wales wouldn't score any tries with their persistent use of pick and drive by their pigs - the Darkness' defence is too good. They needed to spin the ball out to their backs - their is more chance of finding a hole there.
The Darkness capitalised on the Welsh mistakes, as they do.
The Darkness did their usual trick of questionable play - this time they obstructed a Welsh kick-chase - and were penalised for it. "Who, me sir?"
Overall, I'm surprised that the Darkness didn't win by more, considering Wales' dire match last weekend.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Also, I thought that Josh Navidi was effective.
Scott Williams scored a try in his fiftieth test.
Crock of (when he came on) was penalised in his first scrum - surprise, surprise.
Is Rieko Ioane a bit of a cock? He should save his antics for diveball.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Well well, Japan drawing with France was not a result I expected!! Geez they were good for the result to,I loving what is happening in World Rugby!!

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
^ Absolutely should have been a win for Japan. Tamura missed an easy conversion that would have put them in front with only a couple of minutes left.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Wales v NZRT
I thought that the Darkness would have more fire in their bellies after last weekend, but they just did enough.
Aaron Smith did a falcon. What's the go with his hair?
$BW made a few errors.
I thought that Wales wouldn't score any tries with their persistent use of pick and drive by their pigs - the Darkness' defence is too good. They needed to spin the ball out to their backs - their is more chance of finding a hole there.
The Darkness capitalised on the Welsh mistakes, as they do.
The Darkness did their usual trick of questionable play - this time they obstructed a Welsh kick-chase - and were penalised for it. "Who, me sir?"
Overall, I'm surprised that the Darkness didn't win by more, considering Wales' dire match last weekend.

Wales really are caught in a bit of no mans land between playing a more complete game and the phase ball rubbish Gatland has had them running out for the better part of decade. They play some wonderful rugby but once they go past two phases cannot do anything with the ball, let alone if they get inside the opposition 22, may as well just hand the ball over because I cannot remember the last time they managed to get the ball over from close in even against 13 players. 50 year old Alun Wyn-Jones is simple a rock of a player who has improved with age.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Wales really are caught in a bit of no mans land between playing a more complete game and the phase ball rubbish Gatland has had them running out for the better part of decade. They play some wonderful rugby but once they go past two phases cannot do anything with the ball, let alone if they get inside the opposition 22, may as well just hand the ball over because I cannot remember the last time they managed to get the ball over from close in even against 13 players. 50 year old Alun Wyn-Jones is simple a rock of a player who has improved with age.

Wales are poor and getting worse. Only Itlay's presence in 6N keeps them from being wooden spoon favourites.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm just too depressed with Springbok rugby at the moment.

That's all I could muster for this post.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Man the Boks are hard to watch. At times I thought they would kick to the corners and control that lead they had but they don't even have guys that can kick well anymore. The marx disallowed try was incorrect imo. The balls over the line. You could see it. It had to of been on the ground. It's a try all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.