• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby Week 17, 2018 - Rebels vs Waratahs - Friday 29 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
^^^^
Perhaps man to man the Rebels have the edge R3 but I think the Tahs have their game plan worked out whereas the Rebels are a bit rudderless at times. Unless the break has knocked some of the Tahs momentum and cohesion I can’t see them losing.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Hodge is getting way too involved with breakdowns at the moment. Spending more time in the ruck than out in the backline at the moment

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Yep Micheal, this a good game, think the Tahs look a little more organised at moment but bugger all in it.

Major Spliff Biggins

Fred Wood (13)
Yep. That's it. Done. I've been fuming about the Izzy suspension, the calls in the reds v blues game. Frankly for years the rules and officiating has seen a massive deterioration. I could list countless bullshit calls that are getting more and more frequent. i was borderline not going to watch the match, but thought I'd flick it on. First thing i see is Foley being penalised because someone fell on him.
I can't do this. This was a great sport. I have followed it for nearly 30 years, I've followed the wallabies and watched them all over the globe. But i can't do it anymore. The game is a farce. That's me done.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Will Miller picks Timani's pocket to ice the game
Good game, people giving up on rugby notwithstanding.

Great win for NSW in the end. More games like that and we won't have a problem in this country soon enough

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
YiFpzdL1FGV2ozUQSxo3H7TUMXHWv1v4IuKTwbIgrW0.png

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Given how the game played out I think either side could feel unlucky whoever lost - which is always a good thing. I was pleased to see Tahs and Rebels finally playing out like the top 2 oz sides (as opposed just being the top 2 sides if you get my meaning). Ok we could talk about would that have been different if playing top NZ sides...but that misses the point about good contest, reasonable skills and uncertainty of outcome that makes for a contest. But that is an issue on Super Rugby (and that crosses borders which does not allow for equalisation measures normal domestic comps provide for) and hence for another thread.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
There's enough blood in that ear that the Red Cross Blood Bank will be interested.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
As someone who never played in the front row (and only played schoolboy rugby) can someone explain to me with the whole cauliflower ears for props that does taping your ears avoid the sort of problems Robertson displayed with his ears or if you play in the front row are you destined just to have ears only a mother could love....

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
As someone who never played in the front row (and only played schoolboy rugby) can someone explain to me with the whole cauliflower ears for props that does taping your ears avoid the sort of problems Robertson displayed with his ears or if you play in the front row are you destined just to have ears only a mother could love..
I was a prop and my ears still intact.

I always thought it was more of an issue for the second row.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.