• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby Pacific 2025

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
Wow you are moronic. What do you know about Melbourne fuck all.

There were 3 on the weekend, 4 have played this year. That’s not with standing capped wallabies that haven’t got a look in due to fitness or the fact they are going overseas. Also there is a real likelihood in a few years there will be 3 Melbourne boys in Scotland’s starting 15.

Before the Rebels the Storm had no interest in juniors as they had their zone on the Sunny Coast. Personally as a kid I consider playing league but it just wasn’t an option as there were so few junior clubs and the few were all in the West. Now grassroots league participation is out stripping union. There has been millions spent on a centre of excellence for the Storm to house all their academy sides. New league clubs are popping up every year while the union clubs are starting to struggle for players.

With 20 NRL teams and 20 AFL teams on the horizon we are facing increased competition for talent. It’s not that long ago that I was at an AFL game and in the AFL members I was sitting near a schoolboy team from Sydney that use to be a rugby school.

You bloody kiwis keep your head in the sand and can’t see the issues.

I also never said that the season the rebels had was good just that it was good in comparison to the Tahs
Do you think all those kids would be so keen on playing league is the Storm were shit?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So by 'huge numbers' we are talking about 3 in a Wallaby team on Saturday. With the John Eales Medalist having played almost all of his entire career in Canberra - which any Melbourne player can still do....if they are good enough.

*sigh*

I see you're just going to descend into your usual schtick of being a disingenuous troll...

Reactions: dru

Rebel man

John Thornett (49)
Do you think all those kids would be so keen on playing league is the Storm were shit?
Well they chose the Rebels and union over the Storm and as you are so keen to remind everyone the Rebels were not successful. It is the significant financial investment that the NRL is putting into the grassroots that is winning the battle

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
Well they chose the Rebels and union over the Storm and as you are so keen to remind everyone the Rebels were not successful. It is the significant financial investment that the NRL is putting into the grassroots that is winning the battle
Right....you don't think kids are attracted to the team that is winning premierships as opposed to the team that celebrates 5 wins from 14 as their best ever?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well feel free to give the actual numbers to justify the claim of 'huge numbers'....

hq720.jpg

Also...

shut-it-down-jack-donaghy.gif

Rebel man

John Thornett (49)
Right....you don't think kids are attracted to the team that is winning premierships as opposed to the team that celebrates 5 wins from 14 as their best ever?
Obviously they weren’t as we had 20 years of the Storm winning with union being the dominant participation code of rugby in the state. How is that possible if the Storm are so attractive because they are winning premiership?

As the Storm winning has been a constant

Rebel man

John Thornett (49)
@Bullrush what understanding of the sporting landscape do you have in Victoria? As I have played multiple sports here coached and volunteered at multiple clubs. I am not interested in your thoughts on the Rebels and their success or lack of it. Yet it is painful obviously that you’re not qualified to comment on the state of grassroots sports in this state

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
@Bullrush what understanding of the sporting landscape do you have in Victoria? As I have played multiple sports here coached and volunteered at multiple clubs. I am not interested in your thoughts on the Rebels and their success or lack of it. Yet it is painful obviously that you’re not qualified to comment on the state of grassroots sports in this state
Good for you.

I'm talking about the Rebels because this is the Super Rugby 2025 thread and you keep bringing them up , for what reason I'm not sure because they won't be in it.

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
I ask for the number
You tell me to 'google it'
I give you the google results
I'm disingenuous

Why don't you just and be honest say that you don't know what the number is either....