• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2025

Nuggetyflyhalf

Bob McCowan (2)
It is my great honour and privilege to start the conversation ahead of the next instalment of the Shute Shield.

Over to you with predictions, rumours and banter.

Welcome to your one stop shop for all things Shute Shield 2025.

Crashy

John Solomon (38)
North Ryde RSL being prevented from turning TGM into a houising estate by Ryde Council.

Eastwood rugby also copping grief from residents re its proposed site for the new stadium.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Cheers mate. I knew about the second bit - some very strong pushback on the environmental front by the residents of Castle Hill.

So does this mean they're staying at TG for now? Hard to get a fix on this stuff

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Surely Ryde Council who aren't renowned for their fiscal management will be told to kick rocks? Need a bit of State Government pressure to get houses built. That area in the current climate is prime and needed for more residences.

The Castle Hill kick back is always going to happen. Probably find its by a very vocal few who also need to be told to beat it. It's better for a vast majority of people not just your hatred of change.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
I go back to saying a vocal couple of people. This happens in every suburb when something gets changed or re purposed. They fail to see how it may actually benefit a much wider population into the future and they want things to stay the same.

Rob42

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The big development in that article is that North Ryde RSL have closed the ground and cancelled all bookings, which would seem to indicate that the Woods have no ground for next season. Statement from the club:

Today North Ryde RSL, the owners of TG Millner have announced that as a result of action taken by the Mayor of Ryde Council, they are immediately closing the fields at TG Millner for all sport. The Licensed club will continue to operate. You can read the statement from the RSL here

The Sydney Morning Herald has published article on it here

As I have previously advised, the Football Club has contingency plans in place for our operations. I will keep you informed as this situation develops

Rob Cusack

Chairman Eastwood Rugby

Crashy

John Solomon (38)
Ha what fluffybunnys. So they close the playing fields but keep the fucking pokies going. fluffybunnys.

Desmond

Peter Burge (5)
Council elections this weekend lets see who is in and who is out. Mayor Trenton brown from Ryde Council recently changed the rules and trying to acquire privately owned land thru compulsory acquisition with a council who has no money!